OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So last night I brought copper near the therapeutic level (copramine don't want more than 20 drops at a time for my size tank), pulled the carbon (my wife had read about it and mentioned that as well), and the fish is still with us ATM. Fingers crossed

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few quick phone shots of the new corals... waiting on the right lighting and placement.
IMG_0216.JPG
IMG_0217.JPG
IMG_0218.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0222.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG
IMG_0224.JPG
IMG_0225.JPG

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to see , how has the software been for you , have you had any issues with them , I have heard a lot of people not to please with the software on the ap700 ?

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to see , how has the software been for you , have you had any issues with them , I have heard a lot of people not to please with the software on the ap700 ?
So the original software was bit rough; however, it's much improved now. The last firmware update for the light really pushed it to the good side for me as the WiFi is much easier to setup and consistently works. The pairing with your phone is a touch odd, but I felt that way about the Hydras and Apex join WiFi then flip to your WiFi process.. If you are used to the pretty software of the wizbang radions or hydras this will initial feel subpar as the look of the app isn't the hippest. However, the desired functionality was there as was the familiar profiles from the Kessil Spectral Controller. I'm getting a second light Tuesday, so that will be my first time with linked lights, and we'll see how that goes. So in summary, it works really well for me, is easy to use and flexible, but it could use a fresh coat of paint.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed the corals today here is a video overview of the tank.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got in the second Kessil AP700 today and that changed a ton. The tank feels sharper and more vibrant. Adding the second light was a breeze I took it out of the box and upgraded the firmware first thing via my laptop. Since that had fixed all my original issues. After that I added the light to the group with now issues and it immediately picked up my settings and wow does the tank look crisp! Gone are the kinda dark spots I had except for the one I purposefully made. I lowered the lights down to the seven inches recommended by Kessil for SPS and also turned on the acclimate mode for 50% and 14 days. I'm gonna watch each day to see how the lights and corals interact. Here is a new tank shot with both lights.
2a52cdf107d26c6135d84a7d06ff1253.jpg

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 lights changed the tank totally! You can move the arms to the screws right outside of the fan on each light and won't have to worry about the overflow box!

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 lights changed the tank totally! You can move the arms to the screws right outside of the fan on each light and won't have to worry about the overflow box!
Freakin' brilliant not sure how I missed that...

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks much better!! I'd probably move the outside arm on each light right outside the fan as well. But that's me! If you like it leave it alone! Jealous you have two of those fixtures!!!

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took 6 months to get the second one... those things are not cheap! But I'm very happy with them.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are both lights synced? Any changes you make apply to both?

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeap that part worked wonderful. They even go in and come out of manual mode together, which I had read people had issues with. I upgraded the firmware to be the same on both lights before linking them

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back