OP
OP
NCsalt

NCsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I put those daisys on the sand bed after they created a mini colony on my arch.

The BEAST
IMG_3257.jpeg

OP
OP
NCsalt

NCsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well well well look who decided to come out of the doughnut arch. Mr. Rockflower
IMG_3334.jpeg

New pieces:

First Acans Blue Rim, crab knocked them in sand already moved.
IMG_3331.jpeg

Fireworks/ Dragon Breath Leptoseris
IMG_3332.jpeg

Forest Fire Digitata
IMG_3330.jpeg

The Algae battle continues. GHA is obscene. Now even Cyano shows its face again. Ugh. 6 months uglies

Some monti growth:

IMG_3329.jpeg

IMG_3328.jpeg

OP
OP
NCsalt

NCsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pink tip torch is all but gone and my Jester has had some significant recession which i initially had attributed to a growing barnacle that the head split around. I had some alk swings. Still working on that…ugh.
Its frustrating when your sps is doing better than some of your lps. Of course montis are supposed to be easy and I am finding thats true.

Overheads:

Monti Plateau
IMG_3438.jpeg

Leather Ridge
IMG_3440.jpeg

My Randall goby has some bites out of his sailfin. I think its the yellow wrasse, they have words often but I havent seen a physical attack in person yet. EDIT: after just looking I think i was mistaken. I don’t see any damage to fin today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NCsalt

NCsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Randall’s Goby went missing. Last day I saw hime he was faithfully in front of his hole and actively feeding at feeding time. Next day missing. Never saw him again. Looked everywhere.

New additions:
Pair of Wild Caught Perculas from Papa New Guinea. They are on the small side but are definitely a pair. Female beat the crap out of male when they first went in. Been good to go since. They were quarantined and specifically treated for the possiblity of Brook before I got them.

IMG_3565.jpeg

And something I have wanted a long time. A court Jester Goby. Very thin and likely wild caught but has been fattening up since he has been in the tank. I have seen him eat hair algae and cyano.
IMG_3562.jpeg
IMG_3576.jpeg

Algae and aiptasia issues. Still having a blast with the tank.

OP
OP
NCsalt

NCsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local reefer was moving and selling some pieces so I decided to get some mushrooms and a zoa frag.

Tequila Sunrise
IMG_3682.jpeg

Yuma
IMG_3680.jpeg

Two Baby Godzillas on a tiny shell. Their mamma was beautiful.
IMG_3683.jpeg

Green Bay Packers…I think
IMG_3681.jpeg

I also got a WWC Sunkist Bounce that got blown around and haven’t gotten a good pic of yet.

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work on the tank. What settings are you running on the Razor 150? I got one for a slightly taller tank and wondered how it might work out.

OP
OP
NCsalt

NCsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work on the tank. What settings are you running on the Razor 150? I got one for a slightly taller tank and wondered how it might work out.
I run the two blue channels 70 percent. The white in the 40s and the green/red/white in the upper 30 percent. I don’t have wifi for it so I’d have to look manually to tell you exactly.

OP
OP
NCsalt

NCsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Despite the continued war on GHA, ALK swings and Aptasia I still have some positive things happening.

Picked up a two head gold hammer in December. It now has 4 heads and my 5 headed splatter hammer that I got in June now has 12 heads.

IMG_4068.jpeg

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup. I have always liked the 40B dimensions. I recently had one that I hoped to setup but the Mrs. told me get rid of it as I setup the 100gal. so it guess it is a tradeoff. Now I will just have to put a tank in my office when I have frags down the road. LOL

OP
OP
NCsalt

NCsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I'd be much more likely to trust a lawyer after a consult if they were sitting in front of a reef tank. Do you take payment in frags? :)
Very generous of you! Thanks. It will really be beautiful when the aiptasia and gha get under control. Three weeks tomorrow of nudibranchs going in. Phosphates finally getting a better after doubling phosguard amounts the last two weeks.

Frag payments…hmmm lol

OP
OP
NCsalt

NCsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Messed around with my maxspect magnifier today. This week I added 4 new frags. Freak Hair Pavona, Jackolantern Leptosaris, a plump candycane single head, and a hollywood stunner chalice.

Overhead:
IMG_4140.jpeg

Yaeya Octospawn split
IMG_4143.jpeg
Gold hammer splitting again
IMG_4141.jpeg
Splatter Hammer
IMG_4142.jpeg
Puffy Acans
IMG_4146.jpeg
New Candycane
IMG_4148.jpeg
Yuma Shroomin
IMG_4144.jpeg
where are you Nudibranchs?
IMG_4145.jpeg
Fish Photo Bombs
IMG_4149.jpeg IMG_4147.jpeg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back