OP
gabrieltackitt

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Backstory

So my fiancé's mother has asked me to build her a tank for her office.. She works with Alzheimer's patients and was really wanting on for a long time for her residents but unfortunately she couldn't put anything where they can get into it. She recently moved into a new office however that has a sizable window that she thinks "Would be perfect for some little fishies" where it will be locked up away from prying fingers, but still enjoyable by all of her people. She want's something low maintenance and entertaining. I wanted to go freshwater because of this but she really wants a pair of clownfish, so instead here we go. I don't have a huge problem because I was kind of wanting a low maintenance nano but I don't have anywhere to put one of my own, so this kind of presented me with the perfect opportunity.

OP
OP
gabrieltackitt

gabrieltackitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning It All Out

So the window she is wanting to fill is 30 inches wide, unfortunately I am having a difficult time finding something "nano" that will fit into that space.

I am currently looking at Waterbox, either a 30.2 or a 40.2 AIO, not sure if the depth would make a huge difference so I'm leaning towards the 30.2.

My current thinking is as follows:
Waterbox 30.2 AIO
Ai Prime HD, probably just one, at most there may be some softies to keep it interesting
IM Mightyjet 325gph return pump, DC to help minimize noise
Aqamai KPS, for flow and controllability on a budget
replace the filter socks with floss cups, since I will only realistically be able to maintenance once a week

Not sure if I want to run a skimmer or anything yet, so I will need to look into other filtration methods for it. Good thing R2R is here for me.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back