Which tang?

• Total voters

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was surprised. Several critters I did not expect enjoyed the Nori. The Midas Blenny was the biggest surprise.
Again, wrong info on the little guys. Everything I saw said they were pure carnivores.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puffers enjoy algae. I would not be surprised if most carnivores need fresh greens from time to time. I have an idea mineral, vitamins and fiber lacking in a pure meat diet.
@Magellan very good to hear from you.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puffers enjoy algae. I would not be surprised if most carnivores need fresh greens from time to time. I have an idea mineral, vitamins and fiber lacking in a pure meat diet.
@Magellan very good to hear from you.

I used to hand feed my dwarf fuzzy lion, it would even take veggie flake! ;)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL! Truth!

1589639892052.png

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lawnmower blenny and Blue tang love nori
I went with the Julian Sprung Purple Sea veggies.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very few cops wear them in the City and I assumed there was a reason or directive of some sort. I see them put them on once and a while, but they hang out often in pairs or groups without masks.
i agree would def impair their job :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Katrina71 ,sorry i bailed rt away this morn ,could not stay awake,as far as nori ..i know this is going to get atten,i do not like using ,i would dip full stalk of romaine 1st in fresh then in ro tie w fishing line hang in grab line on outside w magnet glass cleaner,also feeding many large tangs ,but the loved it ,and no nori pieces floating around :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yay! My county opens on Monday! Flight school is starting me on Tuesday. Have to skip a class to make my flight but that class I have a 97 in and there are only 2 students bc it’s a senior class I took early. I should be flying solo in less then a month!
You will enjoy it. Have you done night flying yet ?
Its a whole different world and suddenly you depend on instruments as horizon sort of vanishes. Got my PP in 1977 and A& P in 1980

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71 ,sorry i bailed rt away this morn ,could not stay awake,as far as nori ..i know this is going to get atten,i do not like using ,i would dip full stalk of romaine 1st in fresh then in ro tie w fishing line hang in grab line on outside w magnet glass cleaner,also feeding many large tangs ,but the loved it ,and no nori pieces floating around :)
I used to do this eons ago and yes they will tear it up, but it is said to have little to no nutritional value to fish. I am not even sure it actually digested at all. My huge Naso in my 200 would poop it out looking the same way it went in. :p

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some fun with some scrap acrylic this morning. How can you not love playing with fire and the mini circular saw?

Made a little stand for the TDS meter on the portable RODI

IMG_2165.jpg

A few years ago I made this overflow box, but while trying to adjust it, I broke the bracket. There was just enough to barely hold it in place so I left it as is, .....

IMG_2166 2.jpg

Until today.

I cut off the broken piece, and glued a new bracket on the remnant.

IMG_2169.jpg

And while I was at it, a few more scrap pieces as spacers to straighten it out

IMG_2170.jpg

So no good deed goes unpunished. When went to shut off the valve, which was really not necessary, once the siphon broke, it was stuck, and of course thinking all it needed was a good old fashioned college try, I beared down and snap. Apparently the working business of the pvc valve are two thin stems. So next project, replace the shut off valve - in like 2 years given my past history attending to non-urgent projects.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will enjoy it. Have you done night flying yet ?
Its a whole different world and suddenly you depend on instruments as horizon sort of vanishes. Got my PP in 1977 and A& P in 1980
I have not done any night flying. I have 1 hour with a cfi 2 with my buddy and then probably 15 or so hours in an a320 simulator I did most of those in the night mode. My dads an instructor and Aircraft program designee so he does a lot of training for the guys. It’s awesome. I’ll have my PPL in a month but we have to push it back till my 17th bday at the end of July. I’ll start my instrument in the next few months

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back