Which tang?

• Total voters

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KitchenAid model #KSR125F. We got it after Rita in 2005, so definitely not new. It has been a good refrigerator up until now though.

Below is what I could come up with. They have Q&A's if you click on a part and scroll down...dor the issues you seem to be having the general consensus seems to be with either the defrost thermostat or the control thermostat, then possibly the control board if those check out ok. I found a how to for checking the defrost thermostat that I will post under the link...hope this will help. Of course you may find it less of a headache to just replace the fridge ;)

How to check thermostat:
I suggest testing the Bi-Metal Defrost Thermostat, PartSelect Number PS11750673. The best way to do this is to remove the thermostat from the refrigerator so you can control the temperature of the sensor. You can let the sensor warm up to room temperature. With the sensor warmed up to room temperature the sensor should read approximately 6.2K Ohms at 68°F. With the thermistor submerged is a glass full of ice water, the sensor should be very close to 32°F which should read approximately 16.3K Ohms. If the values that you are getting are far off from these readings, then the sensor is bad and should be replaced. You can also check the Defrost Heater, PartSelect Number PS11740459 for continuity or visible damage. If both parts are good you may need to replace the board.Hope this helps!

EDIT: I'm not sure those are the correct part numbers for your model in the how to...however that how to came up under one of the parts for yours...just double check the fitment dirst.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
An Amish girl and her mother were visiting a mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and back together again. The girl asked, “Mother, what is this?” The mother, never having seen an elevator, responded, “I have never seen anything like this in my life. I don’t know what it is.” While the girl and her mother watched with amazement, an old man in a wheelchair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the man rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed and the girl and her mother watched the small numbers above the walls light up sequentially. They continued to watch until the last number was reached, and they watched some more as the numbers began to light in reverse order. The walls opened up again and a hunky young man stepped out.
The mother, not taking her eyes off the young man, said quietly to her daughter, “Go get your father.”

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200919_200506.jpg
20200919_200751.jpg
20200919_200656.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good..busy busy,but good ;) starting to near 80hrs a week 7 straight but on my time ,not really work when you love what you do:)

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another 11 hour work day. Yay. I made a new naughty Fall sundae yesterday. Fried Pumpkin Spice Moonpie topped with Pumpkin ice cream, whipped cream, drizzled with caramel and a sprinkle of cinnamon. The pumpkin flavor is not overwhelming in either.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no,bbq sauce,licorice,prob few other things people have found ..all yuck ,i like black cherry,but blah black cherry dr pep?? yep certified weirdo..;)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back