• Total voters

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eagle_Steve Wow an M5? What year?
Soooooo jealous right now!! Definitely my Dream car!
2021. Alpine white, black interior. Competition package. I will probably keep a year or 2 and then sell/trade it. I don’t keep cars long lol. Tend to get rid of them before price really drops, as bmws do that.

In short, beat the tick out of it for a year or 2. Sell it for a small loss, so to speak and move on. The loss is made up with grins and track days.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes a while for everything to grow up and then start to populate in larger numbers for you to see them. Give it a few months.
Yeah. Ive never really had an ugly stage at the beginning of the reef tank. Only when I don’t keep up with it is when it gets bad

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think I had a picture of my T/A on my phone, but found this one. 1974. My first brand new car. These were scarce in the early days. My Local salesman found the car for me in Dallas (14 hour round trip) and he personally went and got the car for me at another dealership. I wrecked this car the night I saw Smokey and the Bandit. Took my insurance money and bought a 1977 T/A. One of the biggest disappointments of any car I have owned. I kept it six months and swapped a coworker for his yellow 1974 Corvette. I drive that car for five years and sold it for about $1,500 less than I paid for the 77 T/A. :)

7E917FCF-123F-4A55-B2FA-732C31E55371.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh. I have 2 nems coming in today. A green merten with orange tips and a mag nem. Both got delayed in shipping, so praying they will be ok.

Have the 5 gallon tank ready to treat if they look horrible, which they probably will ☹️. 33 gallon is ready also if they don’t look like death on a cracker.

Great thing is, treating is easy and simple.

This is how simple the tank is. Hob filter for a 20 gallon, just some floss for a filter and a small heater hooked up to a spare inkbird. Piece of egg crate to keep nems away from filter and heater Daily 100% water changes and 250mg of cipro daily.

Cheap amazon light, as they only get a few hours light since cipro degrades quickly under light.

water is clear lol phone hates blue lights
3A094EE3-C0AA-410B-B97C-84DFC6A70B6A.jpeg

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2021. Alpine white, black interior. Competition package. I will probably keep a year or 2 and then sell/trade it. I don’t keep cars long lol. Tend to get rid of them before price really drops, as bmws do that.

In short, beat the tick out of it for a year or 2. Sell it for a small loss, so to speak and move on. The loss is made up with grins and track days.
WoW no words could describe how amazing that must be, enjoy the hello out of that baby!!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you guys see the news.
Mjc is walking away.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Did you guys see the news.
Mjc is walking away.
I did now and it makes me sad. His tank got me thinking of doing a softy tank. That tank was just stunning. Absolutely stunning.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right. He was one that showed me just because its soft doesn't mean it can't be gorgous
I did now and it makes me sad. His tank got me thinking of doing a softy tank. That tank was just stunning. Absolutely stunning.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know right. He was one that showed me just because its soft doesn't mean it can't be gorgous
Just the way he placed things, filled voids with clams and zoas, was brilliant. Not to mention the color and shape contrasts of the softies. Sad day for sure.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the way he placed things, filled voids with clams and zoas, was brilliant. Not to mention the color and shape contrasts of the softies. Sad day for sure.
The knowledge that he has will be missed

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the nems arrived. Water was nasty looking, but temp was ok. 76 degrees. But who knows how much that changed during their delay from the box missing the flight.

Thankfully wife knows the protocol, so all was already setup Sunday as the nems we’re supposed to be here yesterday at lunch. Also, glad my company flew me home early from meetings in Houston since beta was headed in
Now these guys will get 24 hour attention from me.

Mag looks bad though. It had the worst of the worst for the water in the bag and smelled like a sewage plant.

Merten looks ok with a night tight mouth, but water smelled foul.

Both are gonna get treated. Wish me luck. Nems are my soft spot in this hobby.

Side note: Southwest waived the shipping fee for the nems due to the delay being their fault. They also issued my a 500 air freight credit on top of it. Hats off to them for them admitting their screw up.

Now for pics of the poor critters.
D92180C6-6E00-4E44-8A3A-A050EBD7248D.jpeg

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, the nems arrived. Water was nasty looking, but temp was ok. 76 degrees. But who knows how much that changed during their delay from the box missing the flight.

Thankfully wife knows the protocol, so all was already setup Sunday as the nems we’re supposed to be here yesterday at lunch. Also, glad my company flew me home early from meetings in Houston since beta was headed in

Mag looks bad though. It had the worst of the worst for the water in the bag and smelled like a sewage plant.

Side note: Southwest waived the shipping fee for the nems due to the delay being their fault. They also issued my a 500 air freight credit on top of it. Hats off to them for them admitting their screw up.

I'll bet they'll be fine.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

76 not a concern. They will pull through

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Five year old Little Johnny was lost, so he went up to a policeman and said, "I've lost my dad!"
The policeman said, "What's he like?"
Little Johnny replied, "Beer and women!"

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back