Which tang?

• Total voters

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Dolelo96 What's the deal on those fabrics for masks you showed yesterday??
I'd love to buy some masks!!
Our Katrina said she would like a reef mask, so I asked my sister if she would make some for me..I just need to send her the material. The masks are about 6x9, so I was trying to find a pattern small enough to work.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We love this one!

182B1D95-D561-4ACD-9E47-58AD494683CE.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it is the last night in Florida. Don’t wanna go home home (this is our second house and 2 houses down from my dad), but dogs and the critters in the tanks miss us. At least I hope they miss us lol.

so the haul this trip is:
20 mangrove seeds I planted in a pot last fall. All sprouted and have leaves. Also the only legal way to have rooted plants in Florida outside of them growing in an aquarium.

10 hairy blennies
1 checkered puffer
1 web burrfish (similar to a spiney box puffer)
8 warty sea anemones
1 rock that has been tied to the dock for a year and has a ton of brittle graciliria (think that’s what it’s called) and sponges on it. Also, one side has live barnacles.
Tons of little crabs for the shark
25 or so striped hermit crabs
4 lbs graciliria
1 lb sea lettuce
5 pieces of white scroll alga
Cool looking oyster cluster
And a ton of different hermit shells for my other hermits lol.

The aggressive tank is gonna look awesome with all those blenny heads sticking out of holes lol.

@fishguy242 - no need for a uhaul. I brought bags for the nems and hermits, yeti 40 gallon bait cooler with 12v aerator and dividers for the fish, and a salt bucket for the rock and algae

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
time to light the fire have a good night all,poppin.... :)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little more sophisticated version of the Cajun Slip and Slide I previously mentioned. Not sure where this is though. This looks like a blast and maybe even a possible trip to the ER!

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Light & flow?
Low light and an lowish uplifting flow. Can tolerate/adapt to a pretty good variety though, but it will tell you what it likes best. I spoke with @Robin Haselden ’s mentor about mine and he recommended putting it on the bottom underneath a powerhead. So the water is moving upwards and pulls the polyps up and out, you want it “reaching” for the best health and size/appearance. Ive had it in several different spots in the tank now, and this is its favorite.

it needs to be fed a lot, it’s more of a filter feeder as opposed to photosynthetic. (I feed mine twice a day) Comes from Indonesia. Not sure what sort of cuc you have in your tank, but I stopped spot feeding and switched to broadcast because my cleaner shrimp would irritate the heck out of it every time I tried to feed.

I mounted mine on a small rock and leaned it sideways so the water would hit it at an angle on its way up the back wall, not sure if it matters if it’s directly on the sand or not, but you definitely want some flow going “up” across the base. I’ve also seen them mounted sideways in horizontal flow if you feel like getting creative :)

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low light and an lowish uplifting flow. Can tolerate/adapt to a pretty good variety though, but it will tell you what it likes best. I spoke with @Robin Haselden ’s mentor about mine and he recommended putting it on the bottom underneath a powerhead. So the water is moving upwards and pulls the polyps up and out, you want it “reaching” for the best health and size/appearance. Ive had it in several different spots in the tank now, and this is its favorite.

it needs to be fed a lot, it’s more of a filter feeder as opposed to photosynthetic. (I feed mine twice a day) Comes from Indonesia. Not sure what sort of cuc you have in your tank, but I stopped spot feeding and switched to broadcast because my cleaner shrimp would irritate the heck out of it every time I tried to feed.

I mounted mine on a small rock and leaned it sideways so the water would hit it at an angle on its way up the back wall, not sure if it matters if it’s directly on the sand or not, but you definitely want some flow going “up” across the base. I’ve also seen them mounted sideways in horizontal flow if you feel like getting creative :)
Maybe I shouldn’t read this when I’m tired. My eyes just crossedo_O

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back