0   0   0
happy-weekend-text-vector-design-template_22159-49.jpg

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here was the 9 month shot of my Goni. It was really happy in the front corner, but was taking up soo much prime real estate and after I added a new powerhead it really didn’t like the extra flow.

Pictures/videos good. I’m a visual person. I know better to do anything technical when I’m tired. Case in point, reading how @Magellan takes care of his goni. My eye’s crossed. Seriously, they did. o_O
I’m changing my apex dosing schedule. I was attempting to program it to 24 hour schedule where it alternates between ca and alk each hour. I even wrote everything down so I wouldn’t mess it up. My problem? I bet some of you already know. Apex 24 hour period starts with 0. I know this, and I know better than to doing ANYTHING before my first cup of coffee. I tried to program it from 12:00 to 12:00. Of course, I didn’t figure it out this until I tried to input 24:00 to 24:59.
WHO DOES THIS!!!;Woot

Rant over. I’m going to have my coffee now...

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures/videos good. I’m a visual person. I know better to do anything technical when I’m tired. Case in point, reading how @Magellan takes care of his goni. My eye’s crossed. Seriously, they did. o_O
I’m changing my apex dosing schedule. I was attempting to program it to 24 hour schedule where it alternates between ca and alk each hour. I even wrote everything down so I wouldn’t mess it up. My problem? I bet some of you already know. Apex 24 hour period starts with 0. I know this, and I know better than to doing ANYTHING before my first cup of coffee. I tried to program it from 12:00 to 12:00. Of course, I didn’t figure it out this until I tried to input 24:00 to 24:59.
WHO DOES THIS!!!;Woot

Rant over. I’m going to have my coffee now...
good morning.gif

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ALL of them! Lol
Need to pick one silly. Actually, I’m going to ask sister which will work the best. I had only asked for a few, but it looks like maybe there’s more interest? I need to know how many, so I know how much sucking up I have to do ;)

U

User1

View Badges
Here was the 9 month shot of my Goni. It was really happy in the front corner, but was taking up soo much prime real estate and after I added a new powerhead it really didn’t like the extra flow.

Very nice. I tried one and it did ok. Not great. Originally I had it placed middle of the tank and it seemed to be happy. Fully extended. Then for a few days I noticed it was extending just a fraction off the base. Changed flow a bit and waited another couple days. Nothing. Seems a lot are on the bottom of the tank - not sure if that is normal. My tank is 30" tall so I said to myself, why not. Tried that, same. Still hanging in there but not the greatest shape and sure I will be losing it within a couple weeks.

I do believe my matted filefish may be a issue though. It destroyed my Duncan and recently my Elegance. I may have to re-home him here in a bit but due to Aptasia being in the sump, plumbing, and overflow it will only come back. Copperband butterfly will do the trick but I have a lot of biovalves in my tank that are years old that I have no idea how they got there that I don't want it eating.

Nice coral and photo btw.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice. I tried one and it did ok. Not great. Originally I had it placed middle of the tank and it seemed to be happy. Fully extended. Then for a few days I noticed it was extending just a fraction off the base. Changed flow a bit and waited another couple days. Nothing. Seems a lot are on the bottom of the tank - not sure if that is normal. My tank is 30" tall so I said to myself, why not. Tried that, same. Still hanging in there but not the greatest shape and sure I will be losing it within a couple weeks.

I do believe my matted filefish may be a issue though. It destroyed my Duncan and recently my Elegance. I may have to re-home him here in a bit but due to Aptasia being in the sump, plumbing, and overflow it will only come back. Copperband butterfly will do the trick but I have a lot of biovalves in my tank that are years old that I have no idea how they got there that I don't want it eating.

Nice coral and photo btw.
can you keep in sump for a while knock down apstaia in there?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
GOOD MORNING ALL..I did not know what day it was until i looked for morn news ;Facepalm thought was fri;Shamefullyembarrased

U

User1

View Badges
can you keep in sump for a while knock down apstaia in there?

Too small of a sump really. Well, not small but efficient I guess is maybe a better way of saying it. Not a lot of room. Primary overflow drain, skimmer, and skimmer pump. Bubble trap / filter bed then main area that has two return pumps (redundant). I use Cor return pumps for both skimmer and returns and do not have intake covers. Was on my todo list but....that is a pretty big list at the moment, not going to lie :)

I know where the guys sleeps so can probably catch him easy enough and he / she does have the display under control. Still thinking about options. I've been toying with moving to a 50 gallon rubbermaid stock tank. I want to remove a large boulder in my tank that is driving me nuts. If I go the stock tank route I could get ride of it yet keep the biological filter side of it that it provides. I could put the fish in there.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would shut off the return pump. Clean out the over flow and sump. Try and get every one you can. Maybe use bleach in some to kill left overs. Without getting any in your tank. Or you could just run the tank with just power heads pointed at the surface. Move your heater to the tank. Hopefully the pieces you might miss will die being dry. Keep us posted if you try.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back