The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done all my fish that way. Well TTM to begin with, but adding the h2o2 is great. It works on velvet and does not suppress appetite.

Good to know, I have never actually done QT before and given the lack of medications here in Canada it seemed like the best way to go for potentially risky additions.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done all my fish that way. Well TTM to begin with, but adding the h2o2 is great. It works on velvet and does not suppress appetite.

Good to know, I have never actually done QT before and given the lack of medications here in Canada it seemed like the best way to go for potentially risky additions.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I documented doing a puffer with confirmed velvet. Let me check the disease forum.

The puffer is doing great also.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I documented doing a puffer with confirmed velvet. Let me check the disease forum.

The puffer is doing great also.
And here it is. Got to love puffer smiles in the pics in the below thread.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Well, I got more than the fish lol.

purple Goni and a gobi/shrimp for the bedside table nano.

37DB98C8-3728-4F1F-A20A-02A7908D163B.jpeg
557D25A0-9536-4395-B2FE-B5F9A0CC1365.jpeg
03809DAA-A257-4A34-9779-18469F68688F.jpeg
NOOoo on cowfish. They rarely eat and usually starve to death. Dont even know why theyre sold yet in this hobby

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE TIME: Neighbor came to me this afternoon with a chainsaw, asked if I had experience with one...???...little confused, I said yeah, I've used one a time or two...asked if I could cut the tree up that was blocking our entrance since NOBODY with the HOA was returning calls...so I did just that...fast forward 2 hours, same neighbor pulls up to my back door, which is open for airflow through the house...asks me to come give him a hand...walk outside he says this is for cutting the tree out of the way...and low and behold there is a Honda generator in his back seat...its an older one, and I need to replace the fuel line...which I happen to have some handy...he filled the tank up and on 4th pull it fired up...H*#L YEAH!!! Still have to replace fuel line, will happen in about 30 minutes, then the refrigerator and the tank will be back on line (minus lights of course)...he had a much larger generator for himself that I more than graciously wen t and help him unload off his truck...loving my little close knit community right now ;Woot...the bad part of the update...may be as much as 2 weeks before power is restored...

PS...Im the big boy in the green shirt ;Hilarious
2205.jpeg
2203.jpeg
2201.jpeg
2199.jpeg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one the other morning at sunrise. Amazing we get the wildfire haze in NY
3D7F4200-704A-47DB-A8D0-0CF22DC256A9.jpeg

and yes, I LOVE grandma pizza, just skip the meat next time ;)

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just skip the meat next time ;)
I told my daughter that too,but she thought it would be odd without toppings, I said the fresh mozzarella, dough and sauce is what makes it taste so good.
Next time she said we can make one no extra toppings.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE TIME: Neighbor came to me this afternoon with a chainsaw, asked if I had experience with one...???...little confused, I said yeah, I've used one a time or two...asked if I could cut the tree up that was blocking our entrance since NOBODY with the HOA was returning calls...so I did just that...fast forward 2 hours, same neighbor pulls up to my back door, which is open for airflow through the house...asks me to come give him a hand...walk outside he says this is for cutting the tree out of the way...and low and behold there is a Honda generator in his back seat...its an older one, and I need to replace the fuel line...which I happen to have some handy...he filled the tank up and on 4th pull it fired up...H*#L YEAH!!! Still have to replace fuel line, will happen in about 30 minutes, then the refrigerator and the tank will be back on line (minus lights of course)...he had a much larger generator for himself that I more than graciously wen t and help him unload off his truck...loving my little close knit community right now ;Woot...the bad part of the update...may be as much as 2 weeks before power is restored...

PS...Im the big boy in the green shirt ;Hilarious
2205.jpeg
2203.jpeg
2201.jpeg
2199.jpeg
Glad to hear u got a generator!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, no power yet. Still sleeping at my mom’s house. We left around 4:30 to go get some dinner for my mom. We have been taking advantage of one or more of the many places that are offering free hot meals for lunch and dinner. Most fast food places are damaged and shut down. People from all over are down here lending helping hands. Free meals are plentiful. The Cajun Navy is here in force. They didn’t have many water rescues here in Lake Charles (thank god) but are handing out food, water, ice, bleach and all sorts of other stuff. They threw a big box of MREs in the back of our Explorer during an ice stop. My women are not interested in those though.

The linemen working our street are from Kentucky (Irby). Super nice guys. I had the chance to visit with some of them today. They are not used to our brutal heat and humidity here. Come to think if it - neither am I. :) I hope to maybe have power tomorrow. Time to fire up that huge Trayne A/C unit!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever want to hear a fat boy sing...throw him in a cold shower and you'll hear notes not even Mariah Carey can hit...dam that s * * t was cold... ;Singing

EDIT: fuel line is replaced and the genie is running... ;Woot
We have running water, but still under a boil advisory for a while yet. Not sure how they are doing with the rebuilding of the main water plant. Nice clean well water filtered through a water softener at my mom’s house. :)

U

User1

View Badges
Homemade Grandma pizza for dinner!!
@NY_Caveman right up your alley or the next one over...
PXL_20200917_011025027.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

Cool sunset through the smoke from the wildfires out west

PXL_20200915_235454452_2.jpg

Yeah sadly our skies are hazy with a chance of fire. Red sun, red moon, looks overcast but it is all smoke. If you have watched Book of Eli recently the opening segment with him in the forest hunting the animal with ash falling - that is how it is outside Sacramento on most days. Wind picked up and weather cooled so it is helping.

Finally had a good air quality index. Previous was hazardous.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back