Which tang?

• Total voters

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is he still alive and moving /eating??
Alive in the sense that she’s still attached to the substrate and not being blown all around— yes

but her normal behavior during the day it to bury her head in the sand, and her full face has been out all day.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alive in the sense that she’s still attached to the substrate and not being blown all around— yes

but her normal behavior during the day it to bury her head in the sand, and her full face has been out all day.
lets hope for the best ;) :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mine is out all day and other days burried in the sand while other times is tucked in rocks

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is out all day and other days burried in the sand while other times is tucked in rocks

I scooted her around into a more open area to see if i would get a movement response.
Seems like me after a big injury. Moving slow, lethargic, but moving, and not to a comfortable area but just enough to not be uncomfortable.

Still monitoring. No snails/ hermits have started to crawl on her yet so shes not dead and decaying.
Hoping for the best, but havent read any positive feedback on an sea hares backs splitting and them coming out on top.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scooted her around into a more open area to see if i would get a movement response.
Seems like me after a big injury. Moving slow, lethargic, but moving, and not to a comfortable area but just enough to not be uncomfortable.

Still monitoring. No snails/ hermits have started to crawl on her yet so shes not dead and decaying.
Hoping for the best, but havent read any positive feedback on an sea hares backs splitting and them coming out on top.
Nope I believe that is where the gills are and part of the reason I suspect a perisite. I have read a couple of post that say they had something come out of that area.

Its not babies . I've had a sea hare lay eggs in my tank. Green spaghetti strands. The best way I can describe it

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
also, from what im reading this is indicative of the end of their life cycle. So next time I ask for my LFS to order one, I will not buy one that is this large (around 4-5")
yes they have short life span:(but we def keep them happy in that short time:)

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
read this entire thread...
decent info

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes they have short life span:(but we def keep them happy in that short time:)
Smaller if you can. Also don't let them sit at the fish store for more than a couple of days. They need to get food. Most of the ones at the lfs are starving

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks guys.

seems like ive been having crappy luck lately with keeping things living....
makes me feel like a bad mom.
Nope makes you a reefer. Seahares I temp and than acclimate over a couple of hours by hand. I have only had one split. I had one almost cut in half rock slide. If working in the tank I always account for the seahare first. If I can't locate it I don't do any work.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Bob goes to see his friend Pete. He finds Pete in his barn dancing naked around his John Deere. "What are you doing!" asks Bob. Pete stops dancing & says, "My wife has been ignoring me lately so I talked to my psychiatrist and he said I needed to do some thing sexy to a tractor." [to attract her]

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another day busting my butt! The contractors my boss hired half-a**ed the job and so I had to finish cutting and installing baseboards, caulk them and finish some flooring install. I did all this work better then the contractors in my bosses eye and he said “look my 17 year old is doing a better job and is a hard workers then u guys sitting around not finishing the work I already paid u for!
I can’t wait to sleep like a baby tonight

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another day busting my butt! The contractors my boss hired half-a**ed the job and so I had to finish cutting and installing baseboards, caulk them and finish some flooring install. I did all this work better then the contractors in my bosses eye and he said “look my 17 year old is doing a better job and is a hard workers then u guys sitting around not finishing the work I already paid u for!
And you with the bad back doing baseboards. Job well done, just hope you are able to get out of bed tomorrow.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55g spam i promise there is fish.
20201027_215843.jpg

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done young wipper snapper

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you with the bad back doing baseboards. Job well done, just hope you are able to get out of bed tomorrow.
and moving tons of boxes lol. oh ill be getting up tm. 8am class. and moving an entire store right after school. my back loves me

to be honest the baseboards weren't too bad on my back. sat down most of the time and wasn't bending down too much. did all the caulking on my stomach lol. a lot better then doing other heavy lifting.
calling the orthopedic Tomorrow they should have my mri should get in early next week!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back