The new guy

Diesel 2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.. I'm new at this reef tank stuff and need some advice please. I have a 75 gallon reef tank mostly soft corals . I recently bought a small leather finger and epoxies it to a peice of live rock and one of my snails got on it and broke the stem right at the base. I picked it up and the thing just came right off in my hand. Not knowing what to do I just put in in a brighter spot with better flow in the sand. Do you know if this will work or is it going to die? Please let me know if I can save it or not.
Thanks.
The new guy.

JL15219

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello :)
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diesel 2021

Diesel 2021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mushrooms and leathers do not need to be glued and neither require such. These type of corals however do fare well when the stem is broken or the tissue is accidentally torn. If you feel comfortable doing such, cut the stem off above the affected area with a sharp stanley blade or scalpel. Rinse it with some tank water and put the loose stem with head between rocks somewhere, it will attach and grow again. Get rid of the left over piece on the rock before putting the rock back in the water.
You may also take it to a trusted LFS and ask them to do this for you.
Ok ill try this out. Thank you!

Upvote 0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back