The new Tunze Stream 3.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We're going to give one of these away to a lucky R2R member soon!

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there might be a long-term problem with it.. In this video they don't talk about it, but the prop is a levitating magnet down the center. So yes, it's probably super-duper quiet.
But the problem I would be curious about, is what happens when the prop gets something growing on it, or something stuck on it, thus knocking the weight off-center? I would guess they already thought about that, but I bet that's a decent concern. Too bad they didn't adapt that to a horizontal design like the gyre pumps..

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always liked Tunze, and own or have owned several products, but I really wish they would get with the times on power heads. Building something with no wires in tank or a gyre type pump would have been R&D better spent IMO.

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case, it's better to have the wires in the tank rather than the outside. I'm about 99% sure my 5 year old boy would find a way to pull the motor off the tank. Thats one of the reasons I went with Tunze over ecotech. I have two 6055's and I was very impressed when I was testing them out. Cant wait to finish the build and get them into full time service.

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope they have plans for a nano size, 30 gal and below. Maxspect kinda screwed themselves in the nano market on only making 2 sizes. Looking at the video, that thing is way too big for nano size.

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this pump! I think it would work great on my tank. I might have to sell a gyre and try one of these out

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is Roger talking about the new stream 3.:)

This looks a really solid and well made pump. I'm really skeptical about how to position that pump though, I imagine it would be fine on 200+ gallon tanks, but anything smaller it seems like it would trying to aim a canon at someone a few feet in front of you. Looking forward to seeing some more videos of the flow patterns and how well the deflector works. Maybe in the future they can shorten the shaft and rotor making it easier to position and mount.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol!

Wavebox was the best they made imo.

But whats with that size, man oh man.

I see their purpose was silence and reliability. But at what sacrifice? A cannon! Lol

Maybe its supposed to resemble a german pistol?

Sorry couldnt help myself...

Isaac_P._Martinez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watching the ad you would think they were designing a spacecraft not a pump..
Nitro
Such a cheesy video...I loved the part where they had the girls running in the background for eye appeal. [emoji57][emoji133]

IMO it's outdated style wise and too much of an distractor in a tank. It's too large for most tanks even without the defectors. I have not liked the whole cord in the tank look since I put together my first FOWLR and that was almost 8 years.

Last edited:

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That thing is a fail got to be the worst looking powerhead I've ever seen. It could be the best function of any pump ever produced and it would never go in any of my tanks.

Back