The new Tunze Stream 3.

aumoenoav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got two stream 3 on my back wall via a Profilux 4. Running on 0-50% gyre and is absolutely no sound. The size does not bother me, but wish they made the top in black it make it more hidden. The positive thing is I have no pumps on the front or side wall making the overall look more clean.

I had some issues with the bearing so one of them is out of commision now, but hopefully I will get a new from tunze soon.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a peninsula config, so the back is kind of the side, if you know what I mean. It reaches across the whole 6 foot length of my 180 gal and provides nice turbulence at the far end.

Time for a build thread so you can post a vid!!! :)

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The size does not bother me, but wish they made the top in black it make it more hidden

Do you mean the protective mesh add-on that's white?

(I haven't seen a Stream 3 in person, but it appears to be all black. Right?)

aumoenoav

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mean the protective mesh add-on that's white?

(I haven't seen a Stream 3 in person, but it appears to be all black. Right?)

No the top part, not the white temporary protection, the one that protects the "fan" is a tunze-blue color. Its very disrupting for me. It should be all black, but I can live with it.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that blue! :) A customer ordered a pair of the 6045's in that color.

Your Stream 3's don't look like this (lower object)?

csm_6150.000_d4dd9cc21d.jpg

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the top part, not the white temporary protection, the one that protects the "fan" is a tunze-blue color. Its very disrupting for me. It should be all black, but I can live with it.

Mine will be hidden, but that was my first thought when I saw it. I mean either way the coralline will grow, but it would be better if black imo.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its much more blue than on the pictures.

There are three different prop covers. One is a bright blue that the Tunze literature says is the least restrictive. Next is the black cover as pictured. The last is the flow deflector that diverts the flow 90 degrees. I currently have the least restrictive on there but will change it out after seeing even large fish get almost sucked into the prop area. I could easily see it catching a smaller fish if it ramped up suddenly. It's too powerful with the least restrictive prop guard on there anyway.

bubblemytip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just ordered a stream 3 for my 26-gallon nano cube. Going to be positioning it in the back right corner of the tank vertically with the flow deflector, and a 6040 hidden and positioned for alternating flow.

I am currently running two mp10s, but the sps are growing too large and now avoiding the direct stream of the mp10s, which is likely going to lead to odd growth patterns. I want a more diffuse and broad gyre.

In a small tank like mine, the flow pattern with the deflector cap should be better (wider and more up and over rather than straight at the corals) and the overall look will be more discreet for me than two mp10s taking up real estate on a viewing panel.

If you look at this video from YouTube, you can see the comparison with an Mp40 in a reefer 250 and how well it can be hidden.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back