The new Tunze Stream 3.

Bob Bennett

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice wave!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I think it would take about 3 pieces of live rock to hide that pump from view completely. You can even hide 80% of it inside one of their ceramic mounts to make hiding even more complete.
Noticed your link to you blog , and I must say it is amazing, thank you so much for sharing!

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20170525_110635.jpg
I received my Stream 3 from Marine Depot in February, took a while to find a spot for it and best settings, I am very happy with results, weirdest part was back flow it does every 30 hrs to clean out back screen, very powerful , only set at 50 percent max.

back flow ?

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a screen on the back of pump to draw water in for cooling, every 30hrs it reverses to flush out anything that may have been drawn in during normal operation, kind of freaked me out at first, had to go through manual again!

a lot of ditrus comes out ?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see one in person. Initially it seems like this isn't something I would be interested in, feel like it missed the mark for me at least, but will keep an open mind.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see one in person. Initially it seems like this isn't something I would be interested in, feel like it missed the mark for me at least, but will keep an open mind.

I'm definitely unsure about it's design but still looking for it's application in my tank. I have always liked Tunze build quality and support.

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely unsure about it's design but still looking for it's application in my tank. I have always liked Tunze build quality and support.

definitely agree regarding quality and support...but would love to hear from more people . maybe ill pull a trigger and get one pump for the back wall...

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze products are great, you don't hear of tunze products having rust issues anywhere near as often as other brands, and their customer service is great. They will service any repair pretty much any product they have ever made.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really much more to say. The pump is solid and fairly maintenance free. I'm in for at least two on my next build!!!

any videos on the flow other than the ones on the youtube . was thinking to change from my tunze 6150 to gyre or this guy

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night i tried to instal mine . Unfortunately with 3/4" glass thickness pump is sliding down even at slow speed :(
As per Roger i got extra magnets but pump is pretty heavy i guess .
Any of you guys with large tanks have 3/4 glass?

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U saying it's sliding even with upgraded magnets or that you're still waiting for the new magnets?

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, i connect addition magnets to a stock once and that was wrong .
I had to remove stock and use only 6025.50 magnets witch is larger .
It works but for my rock placement i couldnt find a good position so i put one for sale :(((
My lost here .
But pump produce tons of flow and very quite .
I might end up getting 6005 instead

Darryl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent!
Great flow have tried it in different positions , horizontal/vertical with guard without guard with 90 degree adapter
Just great ditched the gyres this works great and hooks up to my Archon controller with ease.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back