!!!THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's happened to all of us. Don’t be afraid to admit it. I'm talking about that one piece of coral, or maybe a lot like in my case lol, that you can never get back. You had it once, lost it for whatever reason, and now it's just gone for good. Most of mine are from many years ago when I just had a display tank and no real means of “backing up" a frag. But I was looking at some old pics a while back and I saw a few classic gems I’ll never see again I’m sure. They may even be out there somewhere, but the chance that I'll ever have them again is pretty slim.

So, lets do it, and we can all be supportive of each others pain, as hard as in be to dredge up a memory or two, let's hear about the one (or few) that got away! Who knows maybe someone's got one, and you'll reconnect with your lost but not forgotten treasure right here on R2R!

Here's a display I had set up back in 04 practically full of them:(

website_zpssqw4kyxy.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep. I know that pain quite well. :(

swimer499

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first ever acan lord, went big with it and got a 20 head rainbow one. Did amazing until I went away for the weekend and some fish decided to bury it in the sand. Worst was that before going away I was about to cut a frag of it but decided to wait until I was back Incase the frag needed any treatment..... lost the entire piece.

mps026

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of Adam s bubblebath unicorns that is truly special. Right now i see yellow, red, green and purple. I plan on giving several frags to friends so there is a backup somewhere and the topic of this post doesnt happen. My first very unique and beautiful acro.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look in my avatar. I bought this from Cherrycorals before it ever was released. Todd ended up calling it Magic Kingdom. The other was from Ben at BSA Corals. I'll attach a pic. What's sad is I lost them to a freakin' peppermint shrimp I didn't even know was still in my tank!

IMG_1144.JPG

MBX5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in 2005 I had this frag from Rommel Lum at UltimateFrags called The incredible hulk Acro. Had a crazy green and purple morphing tie-dye coloring. I do you Mike Palleta had some from emails with Rommel so maybe few other members had it? Had so many from Rommel back then that I miss

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RR Rainbow Loom, RR Orange Passion, Some golden torches, as well as a bunch of other frags from a tank transfer...
Every parameter was the same but I didn't transfer enough live rock over... was going for a more QT setup. I put bioblocks in before the transfer but I don't think they got fully seeded.
:(

I'll probably get them again but the pain in my wallet is still there.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
RR Rainbow Loom, RR Orange Passion, Some golden torches, as well as a bunch of other frags from a tank transfer...
Every parameter was the same but I didn't transfer enough live rock over... was going for a more QT setup. I put bioblocks in before the transfer but I don't think they got fully seeded.
:(

I'll probably get them again but the pain in my wallet is still there.

Defiantly sorry you lost them but the good news is these are definitely still around, and prices will continue to drop on pieces, the longer they are around. It's inevitable

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it was the fragfarmer echinata. Gorgeous piece with an intense baby blue...she was not like the other girls.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back