The Panic Box o' Sticks

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just becoming reacquainted with taking pics of my corals, so I thought I'd share. Most of these are new pieces I have collected over the last few months from members here on R2R. Enjoy!

JF Yellow Jacket
Corals-6018.jpg

RMF Candyland
Corals-6017.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Panic! long time! glad to see you are still in the SPS game!
Beautiful pictures!

Thanks! I feel like I'm starting over with SPS... I guess I kind of am. I found new homes for my older big SPS and now my reef has a bunch of tiny pieces, but it's fun watching them grow up.

Looking good! I love the rmf candy land. Most of their stuff I love but that’s in the top ten.

Thank you! I love it too. Anything with more than a couple of colors on it is my favorite. Everything I added earlier this year is really starting to take off. My RMF Lucky Charms was really slow to do anything, but it's starting to get some nice coloration as it encrusts more.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow now that’s a red table! Is that atl chameleon basically the same thing as the wwc yellow tip austera? Seems that coral has been named a number of times. I keep hoping to find one with a different variant of colors.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow now that’s a red table! Is that atl chameleon basically the same thing as the wwc yellow tip austera? Seems that coral has been named a number of times. I keep hoping to find one with a different variant of colors.

it has been a pretty slow grower for me. ATL sent a tiny piece of crust of it, which ticked me off now that I think about it, because (soap box here) 10 years ago... frags were BIG. And never before had I just received crust!. And ATL had the most cool and expensive stuff and we’re always out of stock, so I guess I felt kind of lucky to get it in a way. It took probably 2 years to grow any branches, and it was kind of a grayish pink blah until about 6 months ago. Now it looks like the pics they had in the website that I remember. I just spread some hunks around to the local shops and it’s still about 16” across.

I have the yellow tips also, and the Chameleon has a more vibrant branch color. The yellow tips is more of a light grayish blue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I don’t know, they look pretty similar today. Just a bit more saturation in color on the one closest to the top

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have seen the wwc yellow tips get amazing blue branches in certain light. I saw a lot of variants of this coming in a few years ago and wasn’t aware others had named it. I remember having it a while back thinking, why hasn’t anyone named this piece yet its really nice. The one variant I had grew really fast so I sold the colony. It it looked just like every pic I have seen of most vendors versions.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I love the tight branching you have on your slimer!!! Very well done, I normally see it branch out quite long and spaced between branches, do you have it in really high flow or something?

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The slimer is in my 270 which only has 2 Tunze Stream 62xx. It has always branched like that and grows extremely fast, like 1/2” per month or more. I was fragging a piece for a friend a couple of weeks ago and pretty much chopped it in half by accident. The whole back side snapped off, which worked out well because it was growing danger close to the front glass.

OP
OP
panic

panic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the acro on the right of it? Got a good pic of it? I like the growth pattern from what I can see is sticking out.

That’s a Formosa (staghorn) that was from my first ever online acro buy from Reefer Madness about 15 years ago. I think everybody in a 100 mile radius has a piece of it. It overtook my tank so I removed it and put a small piece in my 270, which is what you see in that pic.

under LED before I removed it:
5246953B-2F0F-44CB-81B7-4D85EF99A39E.jpeg

Under halides now:
5885E2B0-4F30-4822-B135-B3CBE34AB51B.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back