The Police seized my Bounce mushroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Ostler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just looking forward to them trying to explain to me why they didn't just open it up and check the box. Would have taken 5 minutes. I've every upset but I am finding the humor in all of it. I'm just looking forward to all the dumb explanations they're going to try and feed me.

So unfortunate but selfishly I really enjoyed reading your story, haha. This is sort of why I love R2R. You just never know what kind of craziness is coming you way next.

twreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear you are having to go through this. I know reefers who have been served with a no-knock warrant in the middle of the night. The catalyst? Their reef tank lights down in the basement were mistaken for grow lights. :eek:

My dad was a police offer, but at some point we as a free society have to go back to using common sense again. IMO; it isn't justifiable to conduct a forced-entry, no-knock raid on some guy who may, or may not, be growing pot in his basement. :p That level of force does not fit the (possible) crime.

C'mon! It's a plant for gosh sakes!

And glad the shroom made it. :D

Hpolascik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Page 11 has everything
Page 11 has everything
Thanks. I just click and read first page. I didn’t realize the post was over 12 pages long. Reminds me of my billpay mistake. I accidentally sent my house payment to wrong payee. Payee who received money said they never received it the rejected it but it was done electronically and showed they had they payment. So I️ went back and forth with payee and billpay company with everyone saying they didn’t have my money. . This started on Oct 5. I was finally informed today they located my money and are returning it!

Jam-reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it turned out pretty good.

Last edited:

Rip Van Winkle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't read through the 12 pages of posts. Was the reason for the seizure ever revealed to the OP?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be the most members/guests I've ever seen viewing a single thread! :) Glad it was a happy ending! Wishing the best for acclimation

Edit - 1322 total at the moment!

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I’ll keep using FedEx. I’m still waiting for someone to report seizure of one of my scrubbers because of the weight and wires, power supply, aluminum, etc. I’ve had people take them on planes as a carry on, I thought for sure that wouldn’t “fly”

Glad they showed up. We expect daily progress posts now. I doubt this thread will eclipse “mods stop” but that might be a good thing

Reefbuds

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow dude this is wild. I actually had something similar happen to me a few months ago. I had an order from live aquaria come through ups. When the ups man arrived he was very sketchy and asked what it was. I said corals and some shrimp for my reef tsnk. He then asked me to open it to make sure everything was ok. He made sure to stand over my shoulder when I opened it to make sure I wasn't concealing anything. I guess this happens more often than not when getting an overnight from California.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow crazy read im really happy you got your mushrooms back after a highly stressful event
Would like to see the mushroom opened up in all of its glory

Leonard John Cremer Sr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact UPS, have them show you the court order giving the police the right to seize your package. Police have to have a court order to seize the package unless they did not think they had time to get one. In that case the police have to take the package to the nearest judge to get the order. Property can not be seized without a court order, UPS had to be given something at the time of the seizer. If UPS was not given anything to justify the seizure a crime was committed. I also would not rule out UPS local office making up the story to cover their incompetence. You may want to contact the Police Chief or the FBI to file a complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back