The real Black Box light study

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I have mine at about 8-9 inches off the water and had them set to 65/20. Everything grew well except my frogspawn which had (I thought bleached) bear in mind torch and hammers were fine, so worked my lighting down to 30/10 (stupidly) and colours in the frogspawn were on a couple tips going green again. I left it this way for a couple months then my montipora digis have faded slowly over this time and the frogspawn didn't change. As that was the only change I made, I'm working it back up to where they were and possibly upto 70/25. I'm currenly at 58/18 I'll see how it goes.

They are great lights I just wish they were set and forget, as with most led lighting people like to tinker just to make that 1 coral pop that little bit brighter. You live and learn.

mshonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lowest acro is about 21 inches from the light. The tank is 27 inch deep
Good coloration and all? The reason I ask is that I have a similar light and I am currently running it full blast. And I love the results I am getting. Just seems crazy that you are at an opposite end of intensity and acros are good as well.

Mrx7899

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good coloration and all? The reason I ask is that I have a similar light and I am currently running it full blast. And I love the results I am getting. Just seems crazy that you are at an opposite end of intensity and acros are good as well.
Yes very good color and growth. I'm sure the t5s help. Here some call phone pic.
20190205_213913.jpeg
20190205_213925.jpeg

Diggem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Testing another light with a cool little app. I should have some numbers tonight or tomorrow but here are some pics................
spectra2.jpg

spectra3.jpg

spectra1.jpg

homepage.jpg lightning.jpg manualmode.jpg timer.jpg update.jpg cloudy.jpg
Where can you find this light and cost of it

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am battling a cold but I am supposed to go tomorrow and help fill the new coral system we built. The new cube like the one we were using came in so
we will be back on a somewhat regular testing schedule soon. I want to get numbers from the little globe light and the Pixie 150.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am battling a cold but I am supposed to go tomorrow and help fill the new coral system we built. The new cube like the one we were using came in so
we will be back on a somewhat regular testing schedule soon. I want to get numbers from the little globe light and the Pixie 150.

Some nasty bugs going around. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new tank is in and ready to go except for me as I have my mom in the hospital. Testing should commence on more lights soon after my personal life gets out of the way.
Thanks for your patience,
Matt

Family first!

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 61 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back