The Reefing Report has launched!

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefing Report is your first stop to get the most important, up to date news, advice, product info, rumors, drama, etc. in the reefing world online. Curated by Terence Fugazzi and Mark Callahan (Mr. Saltwater Tank) with weekly editorial livestreams on the weeks latest news. Don't forget to Follow us on FB and our Channel on YouTube as well.

RR-screenshot.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just saw this and looks informative

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
site looks good it really does look like drudge lol a forum aggregator site that’s pretty cool.
I wish theyd investigate this ongoing duality in the hobby:

reef convention cycling vs forum cycling, timeliness and reliability.

you couldn’t assemble fifteen reefs in a forum using conventional rules to meet a dedicated cycle end date if you paid off everyone to do so, they‘d all be in denial of the start date over ranging interpretations of nitrite and .25 ammonia

so how do reef conventions pull it off for thirty years? What rule set are they using vs forums? Who wrote the opposing rule sets?

forum cyclers want to carry two clowns and some snails and are told to wait twenty weeks if needed for hard zero yellow on api ammonia and light lavender blue on api nitrite, strictly, before proceeding. Reef conventions carry fifty thousand dollars of sales frags and life in a tank that was 100% certain to be ready on the convention start date, what gives? Would the convention sellers honestly be risking all that cash for a weak cycle, with an expiry date, or is their cycle exactly as good as the new tanker who waits until February to begin carrying the two clowns?

I want to see those two fellas write about this issue, don’t scoop up links to it. If I could see an article on this above + new tank quarantine / no quarantine fish advice I’d be all set.

OP
OP
Terence

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
site looks good it really does look like drudge lol a forum aggregator site that’s pretty cool.
I wish theyd investigate this ongoing duality in the hobby:

reef convention cycling vs forum cycling, timeliness and reliability.

you couldn’t assemble fifteen reefs in a forum using conventional rules to meet a dedicated cycle end date if you paid off everyone to do so, they‘d all be in denial of the start date over ranging interpretations of nitrite and .25 ammonia

so how do reef conventions pull it off for thirty years? What rule set are they using vs forums? Who wrote the opposing rule sets?

forum cyclers want to carry two clowns and some snails and are told to wait twenty weeks if needed for hard zero yellow on api ammonia and light lavender blue on api nitrite, strictly, before proceeding. Reef conventions carry fifty thousand dollars of sales frags and life in a tank that was 100% certain to be ready on the convention start date, what gives? Would the convention sellers honestly be risking all that cash for a weak cycle, with an expiry date, or is their cycle exactly as good as the new tanker who waits until February to begin carrying the two clowns?

I want to see those two fellas write about this issue, don’t scoop up links to it. If I could see an article on this above + new tank quarantine / no quarantine fish advice I’d be all set.
That would be some interesting content. And I hope someone does write on this topic of how do the conventioneers set up and successfully maintain their tanks for those 3-5 stints. If someone finds a link, email it to us at [email protected].

raullozano3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys should also make it a podcast, would be great to listen to it too at least once a week. Sorry if you guys will be doing a video report too, but the web page I really like, it does its purpose of displaying all the relevant information.

Last edited:

Mikey Colon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice concept and I wish you guys good luck! Please change the font. It makes the site hard to read. You also need an ssl certificate for the site.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, and you don’t even write your oweb articles it’s literally just links to other sites like reefbuilders and Reef2Rainforest and their articles

yikes

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, and you don’t even write your oweb articles it’s literally just links to other sites like reefbuilders and Reef2Rainforest and their articles

yikes
When I checked it out, though the same thing. "It's just links to reefbuilders, R2R, and others". It's not even their own content, but rather hyperlinks to other sites.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I checked it out, though the same thing. "It's just links to reefbuilders, R2R, and others". It's not even their own content, but rather hyperlinks to other sites.
Yea, pretty lazy business concept that’s already been done a dozen times

ProxyAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An interesting project by two prominent individuals in reefing, I will hold on my assessment until they have had a chance to get this past the launch phrase.

I did have a chance to watch Terence on Reef Automation's YouTube Channel last night. He gave a good synopsis of the plan and history of the new site.

Best wishes all,
Jim

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one possible take on the cycling matter:
in case someone would like to write about it as a + - sales gradient ongoing in the hobby

the next time there's a reef convention, can someone please comb any entrant with a full running tank all 100% ready by Friday no stalls in order to show their stock/frags as to whether or not they tested for nitrite

and if they did, and api said darker than lavender blue, would they pack up and leave? what remediation would they take?

if we can get a tally of how many convention entrants factored nitrite into their allowed presence and tank stocking at a giant reef convention that'll be a legit start to peeling the onion.
We know what forum cyclers are taught about nitrite compliance, the best youtube videos directly teach it.

second potential question:

what if the convention does so well they decide to stay open double the days, is that scary. would your skip cycle tank die

do cycles have an expiry date> what if we provide a small paypal bounty to post one example. and then ya'll pay the bounty you get the article data in trade. and if nobody posts a proof of an expired cycle, you still get good article data.

joshwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is neat. Hopefully they can really get the rumor mill going in the new tech area. Like the whole Macrumors thing. That would be fun. They definitely know the people to talk to.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you guys can hire Chris Cuomo, he's available
Confused Trailer Park Boys GIF

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terence

hyperlink meh :)

I want the new work jobs and the fifteen thousand readers who were trained to think their cycle stalled want the fix. Rtr might get some new signups. Maybe we can get a bunch of new jobs unsticking cycles that were never stuck in the first place. Title the link: stuck cycles, an enduring fallacy in reefing

we do the test by naming a specific start date for every entrant even if the tank isn’t assembled yet. Then we track their outcomes on those actionable dates with pics and where possible: seneye

if reef cycles stall, then within 25 pages of jobs and follow up there's going to be some dead clownfish and gray water.

The going gag is that they could make the start time for any reef convention, carrying whatever bioload they want, if they’ll follow the rules. The second part of the gag is seneye shows us nobody’s cycle stalls. You have to be using old cycling science and non digital kits to think that. We study the countless dollars spent on fake stall remedies.

a second potential title for the link: stalled cycles, buyers vs sellers training

there needs to be a BRS giftcard bounty on the line for proof of a single expired cycle prior shown complete. on seneye of course. people can post their best fallow attempts ever made for outcome tracking. someone has rocks set curing for five years in a vat, in a garage, somewhere, we just have to incent them to test n post.

Last edited:
Back