• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

The Rok Citi Coralz Growout Extraviganza!!!

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epoxy was taught to me by a couple of other reefers (Dnov and M&M) to help shape the growth pattern of the frag/chalice, into growing flat and linear, rather than down a mound. Takes longer and is harder to cut when a chalice grows out. Not sure if that explains it correctly but M&M did a good write up on it under propogation and feeding of chalices.

Sugo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epoxy was taught to me by a couple of other reefers (Dnov and M&M) to help shape the growth pattern of the frag/chalice, into growing flat and linear, rather than down a mound. Takes longer and is harder to cut when a chalice grows out. Not sure if that explains it correctly but M&M did a good write up on it under propogation and feeding of chalices.

That's what I thought, thank you for clarifying :)

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was nice of tham to let us know that Frank we've gotta do that again I know I had a blast as for the newest piece that I believe is gonna be a great addition to the growout is in which is Ian's Pinstripe chalice. Dnov's got it in Tuesday I believe and says iy looks great I'm gonna meet him next week at AO to pickup and posssible get the settin sun also :xd:

Last edited:
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was nice of tham to let us know that Frank we've gotta do that again I know I had a blast as for the newest piece that I believe is gonna be a great addition to the growout is in which is Ian's Pinstripe chalice. Dnov's got it in Tuesday I believe and says iy looks great I'm gonna meet him next week at AO to pickup and posssible get the settin sun also :xd:

Ian's piece always looked attractive. Hopefully I'll have a couple of bucks to throw your way next week. I hope you have better luck with the setting sun then I did. make sure you give it as little light as possible and slowly give it a little more as the weeks pass by. It is extremely finicky to light, you saw what happened to our frag and to his piece.

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that Viron Flame and Bahama Mama are insane....i wanna be on them. Nice grow out guys!

Thanks SD! Yours aren't too shabby either :) There are several pieces in there that I'd love to have so we can definitely set up a trade when it's all said and done in a few months. Viron Flame though is amazing. Got to give Chris at Reefkoi props for releasing an amazing piece for a great price. Any other seller would have sold it at triple the price. But that's the way he is with most of his stuff anyway.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ian's piece always looked attractive. Hopefully I'll have a couple of bucks to throw your way next week. I hope you have better luck with the setting sun then I did. make sure you give it as little light as possible and slowly give it a little more as the weeks pass by. It is extremely finicky to light, you saw what happened to our frag and to his piece.
oh i didnt know you where gonna let me grow it out but thats fine if you want to give it another wack jus say the word as for Ians piece it is definetly attractive :kiss:and im glad we got it :tongue:as for the loot when ever you got it buddy no hurry its cool :wink:

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I had to do a small and quick picture update while I was feeding tonight. Got excited and had to share it with you guys. Remember how one of the Viron Flame frags looked white and faded in certain places. I thought it was stressed from me pulling it out of the water and adding epoxy to it. Turns out it was actually just sprouting new eyes. Just fed one of the new eyes tonight. There's another one growing towards the back but the feelers aren't out on that side yet. anyway, just some good news to share with you all. picture below showd the new eye eating. have a good weekend all.

100_2203.jpg

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is awesome bro good news and heres a pic of the favia i am holding a tricolor favia doing very well once again i do apolagize for the lack of quality in these pics as i only have a point n shot hopeing to get a camera someday :neutral:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• old to new 035.jpg
    old to new 035.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 175
  • old to new 041.jpg
    old to new 041.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 184

gonewild34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok well i started to take pics for the update and battery whent died so i will finish the update tonight but here is a couple that i took
disco inferno getting more of the rim still has some coloring to do but is coming along real good
PA150211.jpg

wwc diablo colored up realt nice pic is crappy
PA150213.jpg

the jfox fire fox doing good also
PA150210.jpg

thunder and lightening doing ever well
PA150209.jpg

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok well i started to take pics for the update and battery whent died so i will finish the update tonight but here is a couple that i took
disco inferno getting more of the rim still has some coloring to do but is coming along real good
PA150211.jpg

wwc diablo colored up realt nice pic is crappy
PA150213.jpg

the jfox fire fox doing good also
PA150210.jpg

thunder and lightening doing ever well
PA150209.jpg
good to see the update Dan would like to see the rest of the pieces also any tank parameters please here are mines even though im not holding much cal is 480 alk is 9.2 mag is 1450 temp steady 78 and ph steady 8.2 last time i checked using salifert test kits mostly and an elos on the alk

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet Thumb Frags delivered the contest pieces and they are all going into the growout. Pics are below and I'll update the first page right now. These are some great looking pieces and very nice sizes. The Holy Grail chalice is as big as our CF flamethrower piece. A mini colony in my opinion. Thanks again Tina and Dan from Wet Thumb Frags for the great pieces. Hope you guys like them. I couldn't get a good picture of the avatar chalice because it's sitting in the shade right now but as soon as I do, I'll add the pics.

029-1.jpg

006-11.jpg

016-5.jpg

avatar chalice (best I could get, since it's in the shade)

025-5.jpg

036-2.jpg

021-6.jpg

019-6.jpg

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glad to see those Gems finally make it to your tank Frankie and here is the latest aquisition i managed to snag up from Ian with the help of the group this piece can officially be added to the group growout :tongue: its called the Ian's Pinstripe 1st pic is under fiji purple only second pic is under blue plus
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• old to new 045.jpg
    old to new 045.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 230
  • old to new 044.jpg
    old to new 044.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 216
OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pick up Jai! Going to have to save up the pennies and help you pay for that one.

gonewild34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok guys sorry for the bad pics but i have been up for the last to days and im beat but i wanted to get the rest of the pics up so here you go
alien landing still coloring up and doing good
PA190232.jpg

aftermath eating good but not really growing i was told it is a slow grower
PA190231.jpg

ucc holloween doing great
PA190230.jpg

strawberry doing real good eats like crazy
PA190229.jpg

this is won of the frags i made from my colony they are doing good
PA190228.jpg

i cant rememmber the name but it is doing good
PA190226.jpg

same thing and doing great
PA190225.jpg

golden eye doing good moderate grower
PA190224.jpg

this is one of the wcc pieces its doing good eats well
PA190222.jpg

rainbow nebula growing real fast
PA190221.jpg

this was really tiny i thought it was a goner but its coming along nice
PA190220.jpg

PA190218.jpg

tec watermelon eats like a hog doing good
PA190217.jpg

this is the freebie from klr started growing real fast then stoped eats good
PA190215.jpg

alk 8.0 cal 420 mag 1350

gonewild34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is pics of the gonewild flamethrower im waiting on the rim to come back alittle more before i cut it for the growout but it really coloring up nice
PA190216.jpg

PA190215-1.jpg

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like this growout is going strong once again we seem to all be in growout mood and pieces are all doing well

OP
OP
fab1971

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, quick update on what's going on. The planet earth is starting to look worse so I'm just waiting on either bill or jai to swing by and pick it up. Hopefully it will do better in someone elses system. The holy grail has receded, I'm guessing from the stress of shipping but I'll keep you guys update. I finished cutting some pieces up for the growout. Once these heal up, they'll be going to either Jai or Bill and I will update the front page of the growout. Most of the pieces that I cut are looking fine but there were one or two that looked pretty stress. I cut, dipped, cleaned the slime off and did a water change afterwards so I'll let you guys know how they're doing in a couple of days. That's it for now. I'll test the water in a day or two and update that also. Everything else is doing well and growing steadily.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back