*The sixfifty* 🌊

Well hello there beautiful

20260423_173415_09D2423E-11D4-413A-8FE5-B8F4667954DE.png

20260423_173415_781B40ED-304B-41D7-ADD6-2A2E1AE88117.png
 
I am curious about updates as well!
 
Things slowed down 😅
I had teaching, a stag do, and a full blown gastro 😂

The penductors arrived and jesus christ they’re bigger than I thought! Good thing they’ll be hidden in the rubble.

Don’t expect huge updates 😅 this is a slooooow project

20260605_220208_C0D7C736-3634-49D2-A77D-B306088ECE3D.png
 
final look with upper cabinets.
And now…
it’s plumbin’ time
B431E3C9-5033-4DD2-8A30-3BBA3FEA7A1F.png
In the meantime, this is another time consuming issue I’ve had. The millwork was manufactured by a company in Gozo, faultless. The installation however… yikes. The clips (4 per door) were not well aligned, and I wasn’t happy with them, so i proceeded to remove and reattach all the clips on 12 cabinet doors. This took a hot minute.

The clips are good in theory, strong, stainless steel, adjustable and they allow you to remove the doors completely for easy maintenance, but they’re a ***** and a half to align properly. I wouldn’t choose them if I had to start again.

20260605_225341_DB6EB3F2-EB69-4687-B6DE-E6331761D32C.png
 
The first of two sumps is 20 feet away in the garage and will serve as a remote sump. It can take about 50 gallons and it made of PVC. It will house all the noisy equipment such as the protein skimmer and dosing pumps. Pipes will run through the wall , across the courtyard and into the K/L/D where the second sump sits beneath the main display.
20260701_101302_1063199C-6F71-4B5B-9F0E-B9C6F5B7EC56.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new