*The sixfifty* 🌊

final look with upper cabinets.
And now…
it’s plumbin’ time
B431E3C9-5033-4DD2-8A30-3BBA3FEA7A1F.png
 
Looks incredible! Very clean
 
Heres the plan

The tank’s main siphon and trickle overflow will cross the internal yard into the garage for mechanical filtration, skimming and whatnot.

Sump 1: Glass, right underneath the tank. For non-noisy stuff. Will house a single abyzz A200 return pump which will be joined by a backup A200 soon after, a naughty fish prison, frag rack, heater etc

Sump 2: in the Garage, will just consists of a big PVC trough. No need to look pretty. The point is to keep noisy skimmers, algae scrubbers, cooling fans, filter socks etc out of the kitchen where I cant hear them.

Would love to have a cryptic sump too… not sure how to incorporate it. Might just plumb in a large opaque drum to the remote sump.

My god im terrible at drawing but the apple freeform app does help with visualising

IMG_6684.jpeg

IMG_6686.jpeg

IMG_6687.jpeg
 
The closed loops will intake from the sides and output from the outlets in the middle. Im planning 2 abyzz A200s here but they might not be enough. Planning on how to split each outlet into 4 branches, each tipped with an eductor.
IMG_4969.jpeg

The overflow box unfortunately had to be internal owing to the limitations of the space. Its awkward and large but I plan to make the most of it.
IMG_4970.jpeg


Ill be searching for this type of “splitter” or “wye” to divert water without losing flow. Avoiding Ts as much as possible. Apparently only available from spa and pool suppliers, and im skeptical of how reef safe the material is.
IMG_4968.jpeg
 
The work on your Tank looks Top Notch. Probably hard to do but I would modify you plan to include rear access. I am tall and can't see how I could reach to back of your Tank.
 
Im 6’4” and no way im reaching the back of the tank lol
I have accepted the fact that if something falls back there, theres a chance I aint gettting it back xD I chose to have a 1m deep tank, and I have to be ready to suffer 😆
 
The fish room is awesome!

Ask around other big tank owners with enclosed canopy if an exhaust fan is needed or you might want to add some tasteful vents in that beautiful canopy.
 
The fish room is awesome!

Ask around other big tank owners with enclosed canopy if an exhaust fan is needed or you might want to add some tasteful vents in that beautiful canopy.
Oh yeah
There will *definitely* be an extractor fan. The main reason the aquarium was placed right next to the internal yard is for ventilation. I forgot to mention :p The fan will go through the soffit and into the ventilator
 
Looks like I wont find the right fittings to split my flow coming out of the closed loop. I made this up in shapr3D and Im gna try print it. The 12 outlets are 1” internal diameter, and will have flexible pinch-proof hose coming out, with an eductor at each end. The rockscape will hide it all.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4977.jpeg
    IMG_4977.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 74
Great idea on the flow. I love how deep your tank is. My 125 gallon is 80cm deep and I love it. I can’t get over more people not doing it. I know it’s more work, but I believe it to be well worth it. It gives you so much more volume for the same footprint, and looks way more natural in my opinion
 
Great idea on the flow. I love how deep your tank is. My 125 gallon is 80cm deep and I love it. I can’t get over more people not doing it. I know it’s more work, but I believe it to be well worth it. It gives you so much more volume for the same footprint, and looks way more natural in my opinion
Fish in deep tanks act, for lack of a better word, more chill.
 
Cool, hope your gluing skills are on point. That a lot of joints on one fitting.😃
 
Does anyone have any experience with these mixing nozzles in a reef tank? I highlighted the “1bar” column because it happens to be close to what an A400 can provide.

20260218_232536_B918E32E-858F-484B-B194-07BEA3253B88.png

20260218_232536_28CC73D2-440F-42A4-A475-8B1E11C0DDB3.png

20260218_232536_871AB6C8-724A-4FEB-A0C6-B2F234653B31.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new