The Tale of a Sump Crab: An Autobiography

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"As the three suns went out, the blue sunset evoked a whimsical glow to the world."

Wow! That's an awesome sentence!

Love this !

I have a very pretty (and talented) blue legged female hermit actress who can play the love interest...just sayin :)
I also agree, such a pretty way to so accurately describe what our critters see everyday. Love this story!

OP
OP
swebb

swebb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reconnection

I continued my pilgrimage to the clam. The isolation began to eat away at my sanity. I grew uncertain if I would ever reunite with the others. I longed to be reunited with Bubbles. As the minutes turned to hours, the memories of her began to crumble, the hunger was taking its place. When I thought all hope was lost, I saw a group of hermit setting up camp not too far away. I sprinted towards them. It was them. We reunited with warm embraces, and they caught me up on their adventures after the clam. Their journeys were much more pleasant than mine. Then they started asking questions about my journey. I told them nothing happened. They pointed out my new shell. I thought of telling them about the young hermit, but I did not want them to know what I had done. The memory brought no remorse, but they could not learn what I had become. It would horrify them.

After recalling our tales, I approached Bubbles. I needed her. As I walked to her, Kevin took her by the arm. I was frozen in my tracks. Salacia explained how they had connected when they thought I was dead. I turned in after that. Tears ran down my cheeks when I heard them return to camp. I turned away so that no one would see them. I laid there awake while the others slept. Then the screaming started. We all awoke to see three bristle worms attacking Kevin. We tried to pull them off of him, but their spine made it impossible to get a good hold on them. We struggled to save him. He called for mercy. The fear in his voice sent shivers down my spine. Then he was silent. One of the worms bit his throat. He let out a final gurgle. We took a step back realizing he was lost. The worms dragged him away. No one slept for the rest of the night. Nothing was safe anymore. Nothing meant anything anymore. The heaven we were exploring had become hell.

The next morning was somber. We did not say a word. I did not know where we were heading. I did not care. The world was numb to me. As the day progressed, it became increasingly obvious that Bubbles and Salacia did not know either. What would happen to us? Were we doomed to wander until we met our demise at the hands of an unknown monster? My thoughts clearly concerned Bubbles and Salacia. Bubbles tried to talk to me saying she thought I was dead, but I did not want to hear it. When we came around a corner, I saw it. The thing that ruined my life. I immediately started climbing towards it. The clam was going to pay. The calls for me went unheard. Nothing could stop me.

When I reached the top, I started tearing at the mantel. I ate none of it. This was for revenge. The beast retracted but I would not relent. It could not escape me. Suddenly I was out of the water. I did not retract into my shell. I was ready for the end.

Then I was back in the water. I floated to the bottom. The ground was softer than sand. I sank two knuckles deep. This world was darker than the one I came from. There were no defining features. Just flat ground for as long as you could see. A deafening whine was inescapable. I wandered this desert, hoping to find anything. Suddenly I was pinned down. I fought back. My claws tore at my attacker but it was stronger than me. Then it stopped. It asked me my name. Confused, I stuttered a reply. My eyes widened as I realized who I was talking to. It was Chiron.

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reconnection

I continued my pilgrimage to the clam. The isolation began to eat away at my sanity. I grew uncertain if I would ever reunite with the others. I longed to be reunited with Bubbles. As the minutes turned to hours, the memories of her began to crumble, the hunger was taking its place. When I thought all hope was lost, I saw a group of hermit setting up camp not too far away. I sprinted towards them. It was them. We reunited with warm embraces, and they caught me up on their adventures after the clam. Their journeys were much more pleasant than mine. Then they started asking questions about my journey. I told them nothing happened. They pointed out my new shell. I thought of telling them about the young hermit, but I did not want them to know what I had done. The memory brought no remorse, but they could not learn what I had become. It would horrify them.

After recalling our tales, I approached Bubbles. I needed her. As I walked to her, Kevin took her by the arm. I was frozen in my tracks. Salacia explained how they had connected when they thought I was dead. I turned in after that. Tears ran down my cheeks when I heard them return to camp. I turned away so that no one would see them. I laid there awake while the others slept. Then the screaming started. We all awoke to see three bristle worms attacking Kevin. We tried to pull them off of him, but their spine made it impossible to get a good hold on them. We struggled to save him. He called for mercy. The fear in his voice sent shivers down my spine. Then he was silent. One of the worms bit his throat. He let out a final gurgle. We took a step back realizing he was lost. The worms dragged him away. No one slept for the rest of the night. Nothing was safe anymore. Nothing meant anything anymore. The heaven we were exploring had become hell.

The next morning was somber. We did not say a word. I did not know where we were heading. I did not care. The world was numb to me. As the day progressed, it became increasingly obvious that Bubbles and Salacia did not know either. What would happen to us? Were we doomed to wander until we met our demise at the hands of an unknown monster? My thoughts clearly concerned Bubbles and Salacia. Bubbles tried to talk to me saying she thought I was dead, but I did not want to hear it. When we came around a corner, I saw it. The thing that ruined my life. I immediately started climbing towards it. The clam was going to pay. The calls for me went unheard. Nothing could stop me.

When I reached the top, I started tearing at the mantel. I ate none of it. This was for revenge. The beast retracted but I would not relent. It could not escape me. Suddenly I was out of the water. I did not retract into my shell. I was ready for the end.

Then I was back in the water. I floated to the bottom. The ground was softer than sand. I sank two knuckles deep. This world was darker than the one I came from. There were no defining features. Just flat ground for as long as you could see. A deafening whine was inescapable. I wandered this desert, hoping to find anything. Suddenly I was pinned down. I fought back. My claws tore at my attacker but it was stronger than me. Then it stopped. It asked me my name. Confused, I stuttered a reply. My eyes widened as I realized who I was talking to. It was Chiron.
Gosh this is a cliff hanger

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back