The three flame-a-teers

Theclutziestspazzofaninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my flame wrasse trio today and I've decided to get a little thread going to document their lives and how everything goes. :)
Unfortunately I don't have a clear picture of them ATM, but I'll get one up as soon as I get a chance!
When they arrived the females were visibly much LESS stressed than the male, he was swimming funny and turning on his side, but now that he's in the tank I can say that I've definitely seen an improvement in his behavior (knock on wood) :p
I left the lights off for most of the day so they could get settled, but turned the dimmer ones on for a little while so they I could see them and monitor their behavior, and they actually got more active and didn't seem to mind. :) Also, this might seem impossible, but I'd say the male is pushing 5" (although I've read they typically max out at about four?) As he is HUGE and much larger than everyone else in my tank. I'm glad for this though as my clowns can be brutally mean to smaller, more passive fish.
Anyway, just wanted to get this started and say that I was very pleased with the shipping condition in which they came in (very nice packaging obviously with the intent of keeping these guys alive) and that I hope they make it over the next couple days and live out full, happy, lives! :D

kev2me

Zoaddiction
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in getting a flame wrasse trio for my next tank. What size tank do you have them in? Hope they do well for you!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome! wOw! that's a huge male. HI Flames are awesome fish. good luck with them. :)

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not surprised at the size at all! I knew I was not going to have a "Snowballs chance in Hawaii" to win this trio so I bought my own LOL
Arent they pretty?

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PICS!! or post your location and I will come and see them! :llama:

OP
OP
T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to get a pic of them tonight, but unfortunately they are still pretty skittish and would hide in their caves whenever I got close enough to get a good shot...LOL
They're warming up though, so I should be able to get a nice clear pic soon...hopefully.

As a side note, I noticed the females were more active today and have even been on the hunt for food! :D The male's still a bit shy, but he's getting there!

OP
OP
T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2012-12-12 22.03.49.jpg
Alright, so here is the best picture I could get...as of now. This is the male hiding out in their little rock pile. :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other one looks like a sub male. But awesome fishes. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish look great!!!

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yay for pics! What you top off are you using tap water? May need an RO/DI unit :)

Sent from tapatalk

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back