OP
OP
T

Theclutziestspazzofaninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! It's been a while since I've updated this! Sorry I never got those pictures up! Life has been a bit hectic and my computer was having some difficulties that I hope I've fixed!
Unfortunately one of the females jumped out of the tank (about 2 weeks ago), despite having a lid, and by the time she was found by a family member she was all dried up. :( She'd already tried to escape twice before and I'd luckily found her in the sump and overflow before it was too late both times, but she finally found an opening she could squeeze through that final time.
Despite that the other two are doing fabulously and are not shy what-so-ever. They'll eat right from my hands and beg for food at the glass whenever I'm near by. :) They've pretty much destroyed any sps I've tried to add to the tank :sad: so I've really given up on it at this point... lol
I'm not sure if they're prone to nip at corals? I care for them more than sps corals though, so I've decided to make my tank mostly NPS with a couple lps and softies. :)
I'll try to get back to updating this more frequently and hope to get a couple pics up if the computer will allow it! Not sure what's up with that... :rant:
Happy reefing! :)

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad they are doing well for you, it's not common for fairy wrasses to bother corals at all.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the female. :( That is awesome that they eat from your hands. I never really thought of them as fish that would do that.

OP
OP
T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad they are doing well for you, it's not common for fairy wrasses to bother corals at all.

Sorry about the female. :( That is awesome that they eat from your hands. I never really thought of them as fish that would do that.
I didn't think they'd become so tame either :) They are incredibly smart though, so I guess they caught on to the fact that I'm "the bringer of food." :p

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the female, but glad to hear the other two are doing well. My last male flame was spoiled rotten (truthfully, all my wrasses are), but he would perch in my hand.

-Terry

OP
OP
T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo (1).jpg

Here's a picture of the male from a few weeks back. :) I'll see if I can get a couple more recent ones! (Sorry it's sideways...)

OP
OP
T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
photo (25).jpg
photo (26).jpg
photo (27).jpg
photo (28).jpg

Update! :) Sorry the sun polyps weren't open...oh well, next time!
You can probably tell by these pictures that the male is looking a little thin. He eats fine, but when it comes to eating he is a little more picky than the female about what he'll actually eat. I'll post a couple more pics in about a week since I'm feeding them more and see if he looks fatter (but he's always looked like a twiggy fish to me! :p)

Last edited:

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool pair! I have a flame trio myself.. only I started with 3 females and now have a male and two females. So far, he seems to be keeping his girls in line :)

Your male does look a little thin, have you treated for parasites? I treated my three with prazi in QT because I read they were very prone.

OP
OP
T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool pair! I have a flame trio myself.. only I started with 3 females and now have a male and two females. So far, he seems to be keeping his girls in line :)

Your male does look a little thin, have you treated for parasites? I treated my three with prazi in QT because I read they were very prone.
I didn't treat them, but I think he's getting a little fatter now that I'm feeding the tank more. :) I think he just wasn't getting enough to eat...
I'd love to replace the female I lost, but I'm worried the loss of the other female was caused by the one I have now. :(

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... could be, my one female is "boss" of the other for sure. Chases her a bit here and there. Luckily they are pretty evenly matched so I don't think the chasing is too bad. And neither messes with the big guy haha. Good to hear he is fattening up! I feed mine 2-3 times a day and they all have nice round bellies :)

OP
OP
T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! It's been a very long time since I last updated this thread... Almost a year!! The male unfortunately quit eating and withered away despite my best efforts, but the second female is still thriving, and I'm fairly certain "she" turned male. I've added quite a few corals since I last posted and she/he looks so much more at home than before. Great fish, still eats out of my hands, and even bites my arm when I clean the tank. Haha I'm on my phone right now and can't upload a picture, but I'll be sure to, hopefully when I get home.
Just thought I'd update in case anyone was curious. :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.6%
Back