The Tiny SPS Tank

LucasRe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2021
Messages
61
Reaction score
53
Location
QLD
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm starting a little SPS nano tank project to run in my fish room. Mainly just an excuse to spend more time in said fish room :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I'm going to document the build process in a video series alongside this build thread. The first episode is below :)



I've got a bunch of frags going through quarantine at the moment, looking forward to planting them and building out a real reef.
 
Hi everyone,

I'm starting a little SPS nano tank project to run in my fish room. Mainly just an excuse to spend more time in said fish room :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I'm going to document the build process in a video series alongside this build thread. The first episode is below :)



I've got a bunch of frags going through quarantine at the moment, looking forward to planting them and building out a real reef.

I liked the video... very soothing music! How big is the tank actually? It looks a lot bigger than what's typically considered a nano although it might just be the perspective...one thing though, since you used all dry rock don't you think it'll take a decent amount of time for the tank to stabilize enough for SPS (I'm assuming acros included) to do well?
 
I liked the video... very soothing music! How big is the tank actually? It looks a lot bigger than what's typically considered a nano although it might just be the perspective...one thing though, since you used all dry rock don't you think it'll take a decent amount of time for the tank to stabilize enough for SPS (I'm assuming acros included) to do well?
Hey, I'm glad you enjoyed the video :) The tank is 90cm x 21cm x 24cm, making it about 45L! It certainly looks much bigger than it actually is, that's one of the things I like most about the tank.

While I have had good success with SPS in brand new/unestablished systems I can pull in live rock from my main display tank which is what I've done in the sump for some biological filtration. At this stage I'm about a month from adding the first corals to the tank, hopefully it all goes well when the time comes!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new