The Tiny SPS Tank

LucasRe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm starting a little SPS nano tank project to run in my fish room. Mainly just an excuse to spend more time in said fish room :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I'm going to document the build process in a video series alongside this build thread. The first episode is below :)

I've got a bunch of frags going through quarantine at the moment, looking forward to planting them and building out a real reef.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm starting a little SPS nano tank project to run in my fish room. Mainly just an excuse to spend more time in said fish room :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I'm going to document the build process in a video series alongside this build thread. The first episode is below :)

I've got a bunch of frags going through quarantine at the moment, looking forward to planting them and building out a real reef.

I liked the video... very soothing music! How big is the tank actually? It looks a lot bigger than what's typically considered a nano although it might just be the perspective...one thing though, since you used all dry rock don't you think it'll take a decent amount of time for the tank to stabilize enough for SPS (I'm assuming acros included) to do well?

OP
OP
LucasRe

LucasRe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked the video... very soothing music! How big is the tank actually? It looks a lot bigger than what's typically considered a nano although it might just be the perspective...one thing though, since you used all dry rock don't you think it'll take a decent amount of time for the tank to stabilize enough for SPS (I'm assuming acros included) to do well?
Hey, I'm glad you enjoyed the video :) The tank is 90cm x 21cm x 24cm, making it about 45L! It certainly looks much bigger than it actually is, that's one of the things I like most about the tank.

While I have had good success with SPS in brand new/unestablished systems I can pull in live rock from my main display tank which is what I've done in the sump for some biological filtration. At this stage I'm about a month from adding the first corals to the tank, hopefully it all goes well when the time comes!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back