The top 5 countries for reefing are.....?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,876
Reaction score
122,535
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What countries do you think are the TOP 5 countries for keeping saltwater reef aquariums?

Go ahead and try to rank them from 1 to 5.

1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

I'll provide some R2R data later to show you what they are here at R2R.

top 5 countries reef2reef.png
_+
 
What countries do you think are the TOP 5 countries for keeping saltwater reef aquariums?

Go ahead and try to rank them from 1 to 5.

1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

I'll provide some R2R data later to show you what they are here at R2R.

top 5 countries reef2reef.png
_+
1. United States
2. UK
3. Australia
4. Germany
5. Japan
The last two are really just guesses but I feel pretty good about the first three.
 
Based on posts I’ve seen here’s my guess:

1. USA
2. Germany
3. UK
4. Japan
5. Uggg the pressure is too much to choose the 5th so many countries
 
What countries do you think are the TOP 5 countries for keeping saltwater reef aquariums?

Go ahead and try to rank them from 1 to 5.

1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?

I'll provide some R2R data later to show you what they are here at R2R.

top 5 countries reef2reef.png
_+
1. United States
2. Australia
3. France
4. Canada
5. United Kingdom
 
Here is the data on importation of ornamental fish from 2023. This is probably the best proxy:

United States
China
UK
Malaysia
Japan
Germany
 
Holland must make the list. The Netherlands are full of aquarists.
 
I honestly think Brazil might make the list. They have a rather large reefing community!
 
Google provides a lot of info on yt viewers…
IMG_3958.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I honestly think Brazil might make the list. They have a rather large reefing community!
Compared to many other countries, Brazil actually has a pretty large reefing community. We might show up on the list simply because there are a lot of us and we’re stubborn enough to keep going, but it’s far from a top 5 place to keep a marine aquarium 😅
 
I typically lump the US and Canada together, but if not, I’d probably put canada down lower ~10.

My guess and why…

1. USA. Just seems obvious.
2. Australia. The county is one big reef, and their involvement here on R2R
3. China. Because of how much equipment is made there. And the sheer population
4. Germany. I believe they are the biggest sellers of coral and high end equipment in Europe
5. UK. Outside of the US and Canada, I see more people from the UK except may be Australia here on R2R.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new