The UGFuge 2.5G Pico Reef

Wonderboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I'm experimenting with an atypical build, and I figured I'd share here, too.

It originally was one of those old school pico reef entries for N-R.com's recent contest, but some aspects hindered it's inclusion; however I went forward with the "experiment". I am attempting to reef with a refugium built into the substrate by using the burried plenum of an undergravel filter and providing light through the bottom panel of the display.

Here's the full build/journal on N-R.com
==> The UGFuge Old School Pico Reef

I am planning to simply compile related media in this location of the internet :]
Here's a few mostly recent shots of the setup:

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

image2.jpeg

Thank you for stopping in to check out what's going on!

Last edited:

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome setup. Keep us posted on your progress over time. Very curious to see the long term results.

OP
OP
Wonderboy

Wonderboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I increased the wattage a couple days ago: got a Coral Compulsion LED (14W). I changed the light mover fan to be on always when DT light is on - immediately noticed some corals hated it; I moved the xenia into "shade", moved one mushroom to lower light areas, and moved one to the 10G. Everything else may be okay - will be watching. Added some clove polyps, a little red mushroom and a couple zoas - plan to try birdsnest again soon; more flow first. All inverts and verts are doing well.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back