LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you JD .
I think it's pretty cool that I am not restricted on choices.
I have approval to do whatever I want , as long as it looks neat . (better half is a neat ,,well u know ) .
Still on the fence with the DT . I have a 24 inch Geisemann T5 matrix II NIB on hand . I have a 4 bulb 2 x 75 wattt ATI PM LED 36 inch light on the way .I will proly do a poll if there is not enough feed back on this build thread .I know as my mother would say " Oshiri no gaku ".
It translates to butt backwards . I say this because the last gear to go on this build would indeed be the tank .
I did that on the prior two builds based on the lights.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot I got in this Jurassic Gel (400 grams) from BRS to scape with . I can use it for regluing frags too. I want to say TY to BRS sent 19 lbs of Tonga Branch . I only ordered 15 lbs .
I already had the Interceptor on hand for the QT . I haven't located the almost pure levamisole yet .
It's in some box around the house somewhere .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT tank levels on 5/18

Added 10 ml Dr Tim's one n only reef
Added 10 drops ammonia chloride

34 PPT Sybon Refracto RSCP salt
CA 400
Mg 1190
10.9 DKH

I did forget to roll the bucket of salt .

5/20

Ammonia 1.0
Added 10 more ml One n only .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the evening of 5/19

Ammonia 0.5
Nitrite 0

After seeing this I just shook the bottle of Dr.Tim's and dumped it all in the DT .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came in Weds . Slight glitch but the vendor is going to make things right .

ecureefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see ya back and ready to see that tank go up once you make up your mind. You never forget to take pictures do you? Thats going to be the hardest part for me when i do my build thread. I think that the AIO will look better to keep everything sleek and neat looking. I dont think the Nuvo 30L is worth the ATI hybrid since it will be overkill. If you do the Nuvo 40 then you have to use the Giesemann. So I say you do the marineland cube with the Giesemann and also setup the 57 deep blue with the ATI hybrid. Go all out and d0 2 builds since you have 2 lights or you can let me have the geisemann and ill throw it up on my JBJ 30RL. haha

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see ya back and ready to see that tank go up once you make up your mind. You never forget to take pictures do you? Thats going to be the hardest part for me when i do my build thread. I think that the AIO will look better to keep everything sleek and neat looking. I dont think the Nuvo 30L is worth the ATI hybrid since it will be overkill. If you do the Nuvo 40 then you have to use the Giesemann. So I say you do the marineland cube with the Giesemann and also setup the 57 deep blue with the ATI hybrid. Go all out and d0 2 builds since you have 2 lights or you can let me have the geisemann and ill throw it up on my JBJ 30RL. haha

Hey there ,
I forgot u use ECUreefer on this site and not saltwateraddict.
Sure no problem . I doubt anyone would take it off my hands . I did say 6 free bulbs so that's about as much loss as I will take . Sure u can get the Geisemann to try ,but u gotta give up that lil Radion so I can use it on the fusion 10 nano qt tank. ;)

I know I had it up for sale but I decided to open the box anyways last night to check it out . It appears to have been opened by someone else before I got it . One cord was untied , The glass shield cover was peeled back on a corner .Sounds like open box to me . I should have videoed the opening of the box . CV made an error on the light . It does not have fans . I went to the Germany website . It states .
"
A recent study by Giesemann showed that the optimum ambient operating temperature for T5 tubes was found to be at around 35°C, a much more realistic operating temperature for a reef tank luminaire and the temperature that the new MATRIXX with its passive cooling technology is designed to run without the use of active cooling fans. Nevertheless, each MATRIXX II 8-tube version is equipped with 2 noiseless fans on top of the glass panel.

Only the 8 bulb versions have fans . All in all it's a nice fixture . I may just do the Fusion 40 . I thought I had free reign on the tank but "Oh No " u know who said u can't paint the stand white and u might not want to do the 57 . I don't think you can manage it . :rolleyes:
I said " Well u r looking for new living room furniture so get something that blends with a white stand and the fixture "
I don't think she fell for it since i heard her mumbling something after that . So maybe a black stand. I can get someone to drag my old Oceanic stand with the glass door and refurb it .

I think it's might be best to just put this tank on the back burner for now . I can't decide what I want and July is not too far off .

Have a good day bud ..

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey glad to see you with some new stuff!

My vote is the fusion 40 or 60! Simple tanks yet very clean and good dimensions! I am considering the 80 or 120 soon.

Look forward to seeing more!

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey glad to see you with some new stuff!

My vote is the fusion 40 or 60! Simple tanks yet very clean and good dimensions! I am considering the 80 or 120 soon.

Look forward to seeing more!

Thanks Jimmy, ( hope i remembered u correctly )
I almost ordered the fusion 40 last night . It was 1150 pm and I had it in the cart . :)
I was sleepy so I called it a night .

Here is the Matrix II Fixture and the items that I spoke of on in the earlier post .

The Hanging kit . They had to open the box to put this in since it was a additional charge .

The Unwrapped cord .

The peeled back corner on the bulb side shield .

top right side as u can it's passively cooled . No fans

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't done anything with the light yet .
Ecureefer thinks the fans are hidden in there .. ROTF .. unless he's right .

The light
Everytime I see this ,I think Star wars Storm Trooper .

:D:D:D:D:D

nova65ss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that is a sweet light! It is a t5 correct? Does it have any leds?

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah no leds ..I didn't want to be the Aurora (hybrid led ) guinea pig .. Might make it ***** with a reef brite but that kills the look.
Julio wants the light for his JBJ 3o due to SPS shading issues with the radion .
They will color back up in his new build . I was over there yesterday and his procorals rainbow is shading badly. He says his growth is slow .
It looks great but that's my biggest gripe about leds . That coral almost is directly under the puck .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll the rock I purchased was returned . I am satisfied with the resolution the vendor offered .
Its has been a lot of up and downs this week . Overall I have tried to stay positive about everything .
All I have now in my brute container is the dry Tonga branch ATM .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got around to adding bulbs to the Matrixx II fixture .
Unit was warm under the glass but the top was cool to the touch .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water is making progress but only the dry rock is in there now .
I wonder if the amguard is giving a false positive reading .?? with the ammonia

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS showed up with a good sized package ..
This confused reefer finally made a decision . I plan to redux a crappy oceanic stand that i bought off a reefer years ago . The sides are good but the top n bottom were waterlogged n swollen when I got it . My trash is now my treasure . Had a lil discussion this morning . Someone is trying to rain on my parade again ...
I think she let it go after I stated "well if u don't like it would be nice if you bought the stand " ... HA HA

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I miss what's the bulb combo in there?

I never mentioned it since everyone seems to be an ATI FAN BOYA !
Front to Back
Same as the old D& D formulation Geisemann's They are made in the same factory ..
Hexarc Blue
Pwr Chrome Lagoon blue
Hexarc Blue
Heaxarc True Actinic

I may have been undecided on the tank but I am pretty confident about lights n bulbs . Especially t-5's .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back