OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, P! Looking dope, brutha! Love it! Your tank's showing gains galore!

Thanks Leo . Still trying to get things like I want . New bubs coming in . Waiting on a bigger skimmer to come in . Tunze 9004 is doing poorly . I think weekly water changes remove more nutrients than the Tunze . LOL

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

TY

Looks good!

TY

Tank looks great. :) Did I miss something, Kent Tech is not effective against bryopsis any longer?

Yes , I read the formulation has changed . You have to use the Cobalt Aquatics Mag or the Brightwell's .

Looks nice!

Thanks REV

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still a nice piece, mang! Wish you lived close to me. LOL!

I started a teeny-weeny tank recently too. I'm terrible at it. I may post a build thread here to get your advice. You on Faceybook? I'll add you so you can see. Heck, we're practically brothers anyway. ;)

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still a nice piece, mang! Wish you lived close to me. LOL!

I started a teeny-weeny tank recently too. I'm terrible at it. I may post a build thread here to get your advice. You on Faceybook? I'll add you so you can see. Heck, we're practically brothers anyway. ;)

Sure i'm on there .Just hit me up n i'll add u. A buddy gave me a a lil aqueon aio. I added some sanrise leds to it . 27 watts might be a bit much but I mostly leave just the blue n uv on.
I change the water once a week using my nuvo'sn old water . Seems to stay stable . Testing a few sticks in it, so the jury isn't out yet.
New bulbs r in the nuvo .
F 2 R
UV 454 bulb
Pacific coast actinic bulb
Ati blue plus
UV 454 bulb
50/50 reef brite.

I cleaned the mid to right side again n removed 1 rock. Sold off a few frags in the QT .
1 japanese green toadstool
1 5 p frag of CB latin lovers
1 6p frag of BBEB's
1 3p frag blue hornets
1 5p frag of carlitto's alien eyes
1 JFFF
1 pickachu
1 plutonium pickachu
2 Blueberry nasuta's

Still have some more thinning out to do in the lil pico aio.

Yah, it would be nice if u were closer . U could proly have a good time with a family buddy who is a cross trainer n martial artist. He goes to PI , Korea , Japan etc . Google " King Tiger Tae Kwon do"
Terrance Evins

Any who have a good evening bud .

Flipside

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing the BJJ here soon. Just playing catch up with life right now, plus work is blowing up my phone all the time. LOL! Surprised I have time for reefing.

I'll hit you on FB bro. Have an awesome Sunday!

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it seems kinda apparent the Tunze wasn't wasn't doing too much for the tank . Weekly water changes gave me decent nutrient reductions. It was not enough .. My po4 was 0.12 n nitrate was over 30 ppm.
Skimmer is running well but a tad sensitive.Colors seem to shifting again . I will get new pics up soon.

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Restock in progress.
I was frustrated with algae issues . The corals I could save have been with a buddy . The third breakdown/restart has been manageable so far.I have a few test corals eg: frogspawn; decimated SIP, japanese toadstool,frog skin acro n a bubblegum digi . A few zoas. I haven't uploaded files n a few years ..so forgive me.
20181129_081012.jpg

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Restock in progress.
I was frustrated with algae issues . The corals I could save have been with a buddy . The third breakdown/restart has been manageable so far.I have a few test corals eg: frogspawn; decimated SIP, japanese toadstool,frog skin acro n a bubblegum digi . A few zoas. I haven't uploaded files n a few years ..so forgive me.
20181129_081012.jpg

Ecureefer repaired my deep sea aquatics skimmer . I removed my geisemen t5 n went with a ai hydra 26hd with HMS mount .

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been a few years since I had a reef tank . My health went south after a virus attacked my heart. This left me very limited in doing the things I enjoy in life . Giving up my reef was one of those items . :(
I got the go to do a tank but it has to be limited in size due to water weight , etc . It has to be a Nano AIO type set up because when I stoop and bend and stand up I forget I am not the same and lose my balance .

Okay , enough of the woe me's . I call this the undecided reef because I would like some input on what might be the easiest to manage and I am undecided on what DT to get . I can get a blank slate tank and use HOB items or Tunze in tank filtration . The IM Nuvo Fusion 40 has my eye . The Nuvo 30 long is 36 inches wide but F2B is limited .
I did decide and strongly suggest to everyone to set up a QT tank and leave it running 24/7 if possible . There are way too pests and such out there and we all know we impulse buy . Dipping and placing it in your DT just doesn't cut the mustard anymore .
Sorry for the rambling .It's been a long time looking at everyone reefs and having a virtual one in my mind .
Here is what what I have picked up for the undecided reef .I want to thank God first as nothing happens without him .I am not religious but sorta spiritual in my own way . I have seen quite a few blessings with this build and I know I didn't do it myself .I want to say a shot out to PaulC, ,Rufryder750 , Saltwater addict and my long time friend TBDh20 for egging me on to do this . Tbdh20 sent me a MP40 as a get motivation gear . Rufryder750 gave me a lil CV protein skimmer for my QT tank . Saltwateraddict gave me a Tunze 9004 .PaulC is doing me a big favor copping and shipping high end gear to me from Mass to NC . I did touch base with Flipside who is working hard and going thru a few bumps in life . Kuya I am praying for you .

I will be back in a few to update this thread .
Thanks for looking
Following. You go!

ubasu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting your build thread after 2 years awesome! How do you like 26hd vs t5s?

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resurrecting your build thread after 2 years awesome! How do you like 26hd vs t5s?

Yes; it's been a minute. I love the shimmer with the ai's. Programming is pretty easy. AI instructions sux.Tony of DnD of UR's was my go to tech support. Ty Tony .
There is very little shadowing. 1 cord vs 2 + timers n a reef brite. It's nice to enjoy the sunrise n sunset with the ai's.

Well see.
Today we had to reschedule restocking my tank .
I look forward to having my corals back n my tank.
I am sure Ecureefer will be glad to rid his tank of the frag racks .

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I stated decimated SIP ,I wasn't joking.
I couldn't take it to anyone to baby sit due to its nasty disposition.. 20181201_203625.jpg
It will be interesting to see if it recovers all this bare skeleton.

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This bubblegum digi seems happy. It got burned on the frag rack by another coral. U can see how colors r not blended.a lil disco?.
Just an observation and not a complaint.
20181129_120725.jpg

OP
OP
LILBUDDHA

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have almost everything back in the tank .
I helped ecu refer clear the frag racks.
I put in -+ 23 sps frags. 3 favias , 1 acan. The jf burning banana, asd Phoenix, cc castaway monti, jf fox flame, jf sour twist, pc rainbow, rr aussie gold, red Robin, piglet,sunset milli ,red Ferrari etc
20181205_191150.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back