The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

20230813_140043.jpg
20230813_140242.jpg
 
Could I add a Paracheilinus mccoskeri and Halichoeres chrysus with a Halichoeres melanurus in a 70g display w/20g sump? Or is that too many wrasse for that size of tank. If so which would u recommend adding with the melanurus?
 
Could I add a Paracheilinus mccoskeri and Halichoeres chrysus with a Halichoeres melanurus in a 70g display w/20g sump? Or is that too many wrasse for that size of tank. If so which would u recommend adding with the melanurus?
Probably but the Melanurus may not like chrysus. I suggest an acclimation box.
 
Two C. rubeus became available with pics. Any idea on potential sex/age? They are about 2 inches.

#1
1692224091090.png

1692224140384.png



#2
1692224320938.png

1692224358367.png
Both look like young males
 
What are the color features of males vs females? #2 has a much less prominent blue streak.
True. Actually that might still be a female or transitioning. The females I see at my LFS are tiny and look like basically any other female fairy or flasher. Pinkish orange and with slightly elongated dorsal spikes.
You wanted a female?
 
True. Actually that might still be a female or transitioning. The females I see at my LFS are tiny and look like basically any other female fairy or flasher. Pinkish orange and with slightly elongated dorsal spikes.
You wanted a female?
Yes, was hoping to get as young and non-transitioned as possible to get to see the whole life stage :~) But I can go with one of these nice ones. You think the second will get a more prominent blue stripe over time, then?
 
Yes, was hoping to get as young and non-transitioned as possible to get to see the whole life stage :~) But I can go with one of these nice ones. You think the second will get a more prominent blue stripe over time, then?
Probably….
Let’s see what Aaron thinks. I'm going off of the many I see at the LFS. They must change pretty young because mine is a full male but a lot smaller than my lunatus
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new