Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1482290142.312906.jpg

d-man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. It looks awesome and I can't even get the colors to come out in pics I take. Awesome personality too. I have a pair, the young female I keep in one of my 55 gallons. The male is in my 390 display.

Mine is in my 860 with about 2 dozen other wrasses

BrettMallette

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent. Couldnt pass this guy by at the LFS was getting beat down by a marine betta and is totally missing his left fin. Eats like a pig so far and no signs of parasites of any kind. Got him for free hopefully he does well. His pink colors have already improved in the 24 hours ive had him.
1482359798211.jpg

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've had my 2 blue star wrasses in quarantine for 6 days now. I waited until they were eating aggressively before starting Prazi Pro. That was 3 days ago.
But it concerns me that they still don't use the sand box. When I come into the room in the morning I check on them before the lights come on and they are usually laying in a corner on their sides. Kind of freaks me out. They look dead.
But they come to life after it gets light in the room.
One gets up and moves around right away, but the other will lay there for a good hour after the lights come on.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder if she's a little jet-lagged . . .

I've heard that it can take some of our finned charges a while to adjust to the schedule on this side of the globe. Also, curious as to how deep your sandbox is? I've never kept sand-sleeping wrasses, but wonder how much difference the depth of sand makes?

~Bruce

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wonder if she's a little jet-lagged . . .

I've heard that it can take some of our finned charges a while to adjust to the schedule on this side of the globe. Also, curious as to how deep your sandbox is? I've never kept sand-sleeping wrasses, but wonder how much difference the depth of sand makes?

~Bruce
The one that's always last getting up and active is like my kids. Just one more hour pleeease? lol

The dish has about 3" of sand in it.
I've used it for others that went in right away.

Howieumd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 recent acquisitions that are currently being conditioned by Kenny but heading to my tank in the new year. I'm stoked! I know the difficulties with these guys so my fingers are crossed! Positive vibes my way, please ;)

upload_2016-12-24_20-54-54.png
Super jealous of that lennardi!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the opportunity to get a H. melasmapomas. I know they can get pretty large(tank is 72x24). I've kept several species of Halichoeres in the past with no problems with inverts (snails and shrimp)...chrysotaenia, chrysus and claudia. What can I expect from the Ear Muff in regard to invert survival?

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the opportunity to get a H. melasmapomas. I know they can get pretty large(tank is 72x24). I've kept several species of Halichoeres in the past with no problems with inverts (snails and shrimp)...chrysotaenia, chrysus and claudia. What can I expect from the Ear Muff in regard to invert survival?
My lovely lady (who I've had 2+ years) has never touched anything invert but she was smaller than a pinky finger when I got her though. She/he (in transition at the moment) is a wonderful fish and while they do get large she's been nothing but a perfect fish for me :) No aggression or anything to date, usually gets beat up by new inhabitants because she cares so little about them lol. I've got clams, cleaner shrimp and plenty of snails in the tank and she's never touched any but she's also well feed.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get it! This is such a great species of Halichoeres. I haven't had issues with keeping one with inverts either.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back