The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i paid around 150 to 200 a few years ago also. Nice list for the wrasse heads tonight. Lets see who has the fast fingers. There another on there that Ive been wanting but it wont come cheap.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think i paid around 150 to 200 a few years ago also. Nice list for the wrasse heads tonight. Lets see who has the fast fingers. There another on there that Ive been wanting but it wont come cheap.
I don’t think they were that cheap...
I bought mine 5 years ago, from a guy I will no longer do business with, but this is what I paid...
722C8F1B-6803-4CFD-B43B-7667003DC90A.png

So if you really want these guys, you better pony up!
Or miss your opportunity...
LA’s pricing is right on the money if you ask me, especially considering the scarcity.
And you’re also paying for their amazing conditioning up in Rhinelander.
You will receive a top notch specimen from them!
Divers in Kenya do not like diving to 50m depth to collect and decompress these critters so they don’t come around often...

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My LFS has had a Bells pair in one of there tank for over a year. Tiny but beautiful. The male flashes all the time. I want a C. Earlei but may be out of my comfort price range.

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think they were that cheap...
I bought mine 5 years ago, from a guy I will no longer do business with, but this is what I paid...
722C8F1B-6803-4CFD-B43B-7667003DC90A.png

So if you really want these guys, you better pony up!
Or miss your opportunity...
LA’s pricing is right on the money if you ask me, especially considering the scarcity.
And you’re also paying for their amazing conditioning up in Rhinelander.
You will receive a top notch specimen from them!
Divers in Kenya do not like diving to 50m depth to collect and decompress these critters so they don’t come around often...
Got it from the same place back in 2014. I took a look at my receipt and it was 225 but he was getting them somewhat regulary then. I agree that the DD price is fair. I wouldnt have been surpised to see it go for 100 or 200 more given how infrequently they are showing up.

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They’ve definitely been extremely elusive...
I don’t know, maybe they’re more susceptible at a planktonic larval stage than most other conspecies to changes in their environment, leading to their scarcity?

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I missed it also and the earldom was gone also before I could snag it. Somebody must be rocking fiber optic!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all out of my pocket range. I guess as a starter I stick to common ones. Seeing some online pictures I just drool.....
Please post pictures when you get them so I can drool some more.

linus.chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where are you guys getting advance information on what will be on Diver's Den? I spend way too much constantly checking.

Anyway- 2 questions-

1) I finally got a rhomboid (LA says it is medium, but seems pretty small to me) and it is in my quarantine now. It is day 4- a bit skittish still (have kept the tank pretty dim, but is eating and is otherwise looking healthy). I was going to start Prazi over the weekend. Any concerns?

2) The same exact day, my pintail in my DT decided to go into my corner overflow- in the past i have had a number of fish do this (midas blenny, radial filefish! (didn't know they could jump at all) and a bathy wrasse- they all eventually within a couple of days jumped back into the DT). The screen covers both the overflow and the dt, but anyone have good ideas on how to get this guy to jump back into the display? I know some people just "flush" the overflow by pulling to plumbing, but i am wary of putting the fish through my plumbing.

Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back