The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

jorahx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my pinkface! Such a beautiful fish.

25a51cf161341fc9d87509dca7bfda6c.jpg

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can C. Lunatus be mixed in a 100 gallon reef? I know they are in the same complex, but their complex is the least aggressive and requires the least amount of space. Example C. Lunatus, C. Isosceles and C. Brunneus?

In the past I had C. Lunatus and C. Isosceles together for years without any problems.
Right now I have in qt A pintail and a maybe crescent tail both juveniles will be going into my Dt that has a C. Brunneus in it already.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. My QT system is a reef with inverts, snails, pods and everything. Lots of Macroalgale. I also use it to QT frags so I cannot change the salinity too much. Essentially they go into a healthy reef
Ugh, yeah that's not an option! I hope they pull through for you, that environment should at least put them at ease for the first while. Such a beautiful fish. Good luck :)

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may still QT an occasional hard to get fish if I find one I want that Humblefish can't. Otherwise I'll let Bobby do my QT for me going forward. It's well worth the price to have beautiful, healthy, ready to introduce fish arrive at your door.
What is the markup like?

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
45E9041A-9E59-4F3F-A52C-BDFE14FD37A4.jpeg
E524B734-4AF1-4772-BEFA-82E59BC80EA5.jpeg
I don’t have good news. The 4 came but 1 DOA and three on their side. :(
I hope to get one or two out of this but the largest was all but gone.

Salinity was at 27 ppt. Mine QT system is 35 ppt. I quick drip maybe 1/2 hr and in they go. Wish me a lot of luck.

I ordered 4 medium but got two large and two medium.
Just FYI drip acclimation from 27 up to 35 is not a good idea, especially for stressed or sensitive fish (in your case both). In the future I would just make your qt match their water (in your case you could have just removed salt water and add Rodi until it matched. Then gradually top off with salt water during qt until it matches your display.

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just FYI drip acclimation from 27 up to 35 is not a good idea, especially for stressed or sensitive fish (in your case both). In the future I would just make your qt match their water (in your case you could have just removed salt water and add Rodi until it matched. Then gradually top off with salt water during qt until it matches your display.
Sorry just saw that your qt is a reef essentially. Imo you should gradually lower that down to typical fish shipment params to minimize stress.

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In the past I had C. Lunatus and C. Isosceles together for years without any problems.
Right now I have in qt A pintail and a maybe crescent tail both juveniles will be going into my Dt that has a C. Brunneus in it already.
@Greenstreet.1
You will have to let me know how it goes. I am very interested to see how the three do in your tank. What size is it?

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen a C. Isosceles and C. Brunneus get along but I would be leery of doing C. Lunatus with ether of those. I plan on a C. Brunneus to add to my C. Isosceles. One reason they may get along is the difference in tails - lyre vs pin/diamond shape. But I would leave that question to @evolved or @eatbreakfast
What makes you leery of adding a lunatus to the mix?

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What makes you leery of adding a lunatus to the mix?
I do have to say that the C. brunneus I have had and the C. Isosceles I have now have really nice laid back temperaments so you maybe ok. Especially if there are more dominant wrasses in the tank.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you are the guinea pig then unless it has been done before.

I don’t mind as you know I love my wrasses so it’s all good.
I just found a next one of my must have I’m trying to see if I can get out of here in time to get it or have my boy pick it up for me. The addiction is real for me I get the shakes when I see wrasses[emoji23]

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just found a next one of my must have I’m trying to see if I can get out of here in time to get it or have my boy pick it up for me. The addiction is real for me I get the shakes when I see wrasses[emoji23]
What is it?

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I set up a third QT on Saturday for two new additions that I probably should have waited on but I had the room. Now just juggling. Single flasher by itself in 10 gallon QT will be the first to go into my DT next week. Still treating and observing two other fairies that have been in QT for over two months.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 75.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 6.0%
Back