The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That’s funny. I had 2 of them in “my cart” from live aquaria for about 2 hours yesterday just didn’t pull the trigger quick enough. Lol. Good luck with them!
Yeah, I got the notification too and had 1 in my cart at approx. 6:25-6:30, but when I went through checkout, it was gone.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lousy video of my two new wrasses. These fish are in a cycled QT for a few days to get over shipping stress and acclimate to my feeding schedule then straight in to an acclimation box in the DT. That's right, I'm not quarantining these fish........because they already have been quarantined by the retailer!

Our own Humblefish has started a new business and will be selling completely quarantined, conditioned fish. These were obese and outgoing from the beginning. The video below is a little less than an hour after being introduced. Look for Humblefish Aquatics in the sponsor forum soon. That should contain a link to his website.

I am super excited to be able to buy fish quarantined by an expert. For those that simply don't want to do it or those that don't have the space for a QT setup this will be ideal.

Excellent! Funny...I thought about the same thing here locally.

What's the little guy with the Pintail in the video?

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the greatest pics, just quick cell phone pics of the red velvet fairy wrasse and blue throat fairy wrasse I got from Humblefish Aquatics last Friday. They are in acclimation boxes in the DT until later this week. Unfortunately I have to leave for a few days unexpectedly and want to be home when I release them to make sure no issues with my orange back. Pictures really don't do them justice, especially the red velvet.

LRM_EXPORT_20180615_122802.jpg
LRM_EXPORT_20180615_122834.jpg

Grossman90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Not the greatest pics, just quick cell phone pics of the red velvet fairy wrasse and blue throat fairy wrasse I got from Humblefish Aquatics last Friday. They are in acclimation boxes in the DT until later this week. Unfortunately I have to leave for a few days unexpectedly and want to be home when I release them to make sure no issues with my orange back. Pictures really don't do them justice, especially the red velvet.

LRM_EXPORT_20180615_122802.jpg
LRM_EXPORT_20180615_122834.jpg
Did you contact him through email to order the fish? I checked his site but not up yet.

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you contact him through email to order the fish? I checked his site but not up yet.

He's still getting setup and probably not ready to open the floodgates yet. I am sure you can email him and see when he might be ready to go for orders. I was just lucky enough to be able to get some of his first ones, along with a few other people.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent! Funny...I thought about the same thing here locally.

What's the little guy with the Pintail in the video?

It's a McCosker's flasher wrasse.

The initial sales have been to friends (we're the guinea pigs). He will have his site up soon. Obviously this will not be a mass production affair since the QT process is time consuming /labor intensive. He will have pre -quarantined fish in stock and do special orders as available from the wholesalers.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sad day lost my red margin this morning looks like old age will try get a juv this week.
How long did you have him? I know that he was fully mature when you got him. I am sorry.

My China Wrasse, I kinda like this name.
My QT system is full of coralline so sorry for the bad picture. I am trying to grow snails and pods in it so I never wipe the glass.

F6C792F6-59B6-4280-A691-FA13FF525163.png

declanisadog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long did you have him? I know that he was fully mature when you got him. I am sorry.

My QT system is full of coralline so sorry for the bad picture. I am trying to grow snails and pods in it so I never wipe the glass.

Cool! Anampses have always been my favorites.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's a McCosker's flasher wrasse.

The initial sales have been to friends (we're the guinea pigs). He will have his site up soon. Obviously this will not be a mass production affair since the QT process is time consuming /labor intensive. He will have pre -quarantined fish in stock and do special orders as available from the wholesalers.
Great to here nonetheless. Thanks for the insight.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I only had him for a few months. I seed my qt’s with RN tiger pods it works wonders for me since I started doing that.

China wrasse are beautiful when I do the Big tank I may add one.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may still QT an occasional hard to get fish if I find one I want that Humblefish can't. Otherwise I'll let Bobby do my QT for me going forward. It's well worth the price to have beautiful, healthy, ready to introduce fish arrive at your door.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back