The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
m the rhomboids are in QT as well. Forgot them lol. I have 2.
The tank is 960g. 8x4x4. I actually put the nahacky and hooded in at same time. They pay no attention to each other
Dang son! Sounds like you’ve got a sweet setup, getting tank envy. Gotta buy my wife a bigger house before I get a bigger tank!

d-man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yeah we just bought a house in July. I had to wait til after my daughters first birthday party on August 25th before I was allowed to tear down a wall and start building the tank.
It’s a plywood/glass build that I had to do in the living room/dining room as no entry was big enough for a 4x4 opening

Elgringodiablo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yeah we just bought a house in July. I had to wait til after my daughters first birthday party on August 25th before I was allowed to tear down a wall and start building the tank.
It’s a plywood/glass build that I had to do in the living room/dining room as no entry was big enough for a 4x4 opening

Sounds awesome dude! I totally feel the balancing sweet reef tank and family priorities. I am working on teaching my boys (3 & 5) to do this so they can pay for college fixing people’s aquarium problems and cleaning lazy dentists tanks.

emilios_reeftank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can kind of see my Lubbock in this pic. I've had a lot of fish but this one has the most personality by far
IMG_0966.jpg

JMG718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.. would greatly appreciate help identifying this wrasse

Thanks
received_2263584337219610.jpeg

d-man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him and two others directly from QM.
All 3 were in QT together with no issues at all.
He has been a complete model citizen but he was also the last wrasse added.
I’ll let u know in a month or so when I add my other wrasses going through QT currently

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re-homing 2.5" c. exquisitus and 3" c. isosceles tomorrow, so excited. Guy has had them 1yr/6mo, so I'm hoping they fly through QT no problem. Wondering if I should box both of them, or capture the social wrasse and box that guy since he seems to be the only really assertive thing in the tank when finally introducing them.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Re-homing 2.5" c. exquisitus and 3" c. isosceles tomorrow, so excited. Guy has had them 1yr/6mo, so I'm hoping they fly through QT no problem. Wondering if I should box both of them, or capture the social wrasse and box that guy since he seems to be the only really assertive thing in the tank when finally introducing them.
What else do you have in your tank? of the two, the exquisite will be the more aggressive one in the long run.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 ocellaris clowns, midas blenny, blue star leopard, social fairy, some small gobies and a gold assessor. I can re-home the social if he becomes an issue to another tank here, he was one of those 'look how cheap that guy is' buys at the LFS before I really knew about the types of fairys here.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2 ocellaris clowns, midas blenny, blue star leopard, social fairy, some small gobies and a gold assessor. I can re-home the social if he becomes an issue to another tank here, he was one of those 'look how cheap that guy is' buys at the LFS before I really knew about the types of fairys here.
Tank size?

I would just put the Isosceles in first using box and then the exquisite doing same.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back