Potters won’t let me near him so only picture I have
0E7925A5-6A4A-4C7B-8357-0C2DD7E232C5.jpeg
Two Viviens?

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you experts. Turns out my tank isn't quite the recommended size for a/multiple flasher wrasse(s). Feet and inches aren't used in my country, so I probably got stuff mixed up at some point. It's only 2.5' long as opposed to the recommended 3'. Width and height are both 20''.

My blue flasher is still being an a*shole to the Mccoskeri and yellowfin flasher. He flashes at them, but they don't flash back and that triggers the blue flasher to just keep chasing them. I'm either thinking of placing him in my sump for about a week and then in an acclimation box in the DT for another couple of days, or sell him.

Seeing as my tank actually isn't considered long enough, is it better to just get rid of the blue flasher or could placing him in jail for a bit work out fine? The Mccoskeri has been with me for about a year now and has never caused problems, so I'm not worried about him. So far the yellowfin is like a copy of the Mccoskeri: very chill and just some occasional flashing.

Aquarist76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had Leo (the Lennardi Wrasse) for 2 years. She's a bit over 6". Normally I feed her mysis shrimp or blood worms but just bought some Masstick to try and she LOVES it. This video is about her 4-5th time having it and it was so adorable I had to recorder her. She wouldn't even let me stick it on the glass. She took it right out of my hand as soon as I stuck it in the tank.

She's currently in a QT in anticipation of an upcoming move. Normally she's in a 200G tank.

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don’t have any wrasse to show off but I’m assuming there’s a lot of wrasse experts on here. I had to sell my six-line as he was aggressive. I want a wrasse for pest management. I have a 29gal and as of right now I have a pair of clowns. Total stock I’d like to add a midas blenny, royal gramma, and fire fish, and possibly a goby and pistol shrimp combo. What are some peaceful and small wrasses to take care of pests you guys recommend?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had Leo (the Lennardi Wrasse) for 2 years. She's a bit over 6". Normally I feed her mysis shrimp or blood worms but just bought some Masstick to try and she LOVES it. This video is about her 4-5th time having it and it was so adorable I had to recorder her. She wouldn't even let me stick it on the glass. She took it right out of my hand as soon as I stuck it in the tank.

She's currently in a QT in anticipation of an upcoming move. Normally she's in a 200G tank.

Thanks for sharing! Lennardi is my dream wrasse. Any tips you can share how you’ve been so successful keeping her?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don’t have any wrasse to show off but I’m assuming there’s a lot of wrasse experts on here. I had to sell my six-line as he was aggressive. I want a wrasse for pest management. I have a 29gal and as of right now I have a pair of clowns. Total stock I’d like to add a midas blenny, royal gramma, and fire fish, and possibly a goby and pistol shrimp combo. What are some peaceful and small wrasses to take care of pests you guys recommend?
In a 29gal a pink-streaked wrasse would work great. They’re small, peaceful and do pest control. And they’ll get along fine with your stock plan :)

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this Splendid Pintail Wrasse up today from TSM Aquatics--It's nice to have one of the best (if not the best) LFS' in the country within driving distance. This is relatively low light picture, but u get the idea. Matt, at TSM, has several other wrasses on the way for me. It's such a great pleasure dealing with people who are at the top of the trade, when I am at the bottom of it. lol
pintail.jpg

Agree having Tsm in driving distance is a good thing but it’s also hard on the wallet.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bring out the big guns! What temp is your tank at. These don't usually last too long at higher temps like 77 or 78 right?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you experts. Turns out my tank isn't quite the recommended size for a/multiple flasher wrasse(s). Feet and inches aren't used in my country, so I probably got stuff mixed up at some point. It's only 2.5' long as opposed to the recommended 3'. Width and height are both 20''.

My blue flasher is still being an a*shole to the Mccoskeri and yellowfin flasher. He flashes at them, but they don't flash back and that triggers the blue flasher to just keep chasing them. I'm either thinking of placing him in my sump for about a week and then in an acclimation box in the DT for another couple of days, or sell him.

Seeing as my tank actually isn't considered long enough, is it better to just get rid of the blue flasher or could placing him in jail for a bit work out fine? The Mccoskeri has been with me for about a year now and has never caused problems, so I'm not worried about him. So far the yellowfin is like a copy of the Mccoskeri: very chill and just some occasional flashing.
There will always be a dominant flasher keeping the other(s) subordinate, but if damage is being inflicted that’s a problem. Chasing, as long as they’re able to rest and eat, is part of keeping them subordinate.

tgcreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@SaltyT I’ve had him over a year now. Had been my bucket list fish for 15 years. Finally tried one and he stuck, honestly couldn’t believe it considering the success rate of these guys.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SaltyT I’ve had him over a year now. Had been my bucket list fish for 15 years. Finally tried one and he stuck, honestly couldn’t believe it considering the success rate of these guys.
I have coveted that fish almost as long! I hope you don’t mind me asking a few questions. Did you get it from your LFS or have it shipped (if shipped which vendor)? Rumor has it that alk swings can cause their demise, do you keep your alk stable or no?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back