The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers....great photos!!
I finally added my 2 lineatus wrasses to my DT after about a month of QT and acclimation. I was worried a bit given the amount of wrasses I already have (2 pintail, 1 mellanurus, 2 sixline, 2 leopards). No complaints, loving my community right now.
Please say multiple tanks!
I don’t want to be a buzz kill but you will have WW3 with those fish together. Plaeaae have a plan when the day comes it will go quick.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture of flame charging Hemi as Hemi flashed and turns up towards flame.
3BB1D3A7-2511-445C-A8CF-351A26BF90D1.png

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here he is this morning (4am here so he’s asleep but does seem to know what’s going on). He ate yesterday but I did need to target feed him, hoping today will be a different matter as I prefer to have the food spread all over the tank instead of in one area.
image.jpg

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here he is this morning (4am here so he’s asleep but does seem to know what’s going on). He ate yesterday but I did need to target feed him, hoping today will be a different matter as I prefer to have the food spread all over the tank instead of in one area.
image.jpg
He like you can’t see me

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He like you can’t see me
She is aswell! She was just swaying in that corner and it looked like he was trying to mimic something on the rock.
Im hoping she’ll begin to help out with pest eating when she settles and incase anything was missed on the two new SPS or even in the rock then she can deal with it.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here she is! She just woke up and is already exploring, just turned off all the pumps to feed the SPS and she was right out in the front exploring.
image.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very bold. Mine is quite secretive most of the time.
I think it’s something to do with the tank inhabitants being the right level of peaceful and aggressive making her much bolder. My old one was also rather bold in the same tank.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see 2 am my time is like 7am your time. 5 hours ahead I believe? No wonder your always awake when I get up around 3am. lol.

Nice pink streak! Glad it's out an about, instead of just hiding on you. Might have to take a video of the feeding frenzy one of these days. Think it's the only way toi get any decent photos of my fish.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding time is th eonly time I see no aggression in my tank, Every fish gets along, and swims right next to each other, often times bumping into each other to get to food.

As soon as the food is gone, back to chasing. Right now it's still the melagris and moyers(but moyers is getting bolder by the week), and blue eyed kole tang, and male lyretail anthais. Poor anthais just hides in a rock, not typical for these fish.

Might try and catch the kole tang during feeding time and put him in acclimation box for a few days. Anthais is getting thin, and has me worried it might croak if it doesn't get some exercise and more then one feeding a day.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers....great photos!!
I finally added my 2 lineatus wrasses to my DT after about a month of QT and acclimation. I was worried a bit given the amount of wrasses I already have (2 pintail, 1 mellanurus, 2 sixline, 2 leopards). No complaints, loving my community right now.
Brave one as said above with the six line. Good luck, mine became a terror and hag to go back to the lfs. First time I EVER had to use a acrylic trap.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding time is th eonly time I see no aggression in my tank, Every fish gets along, and swims right next to each other, often times bumping into each other to get to food.

As soon as the food is gone, back to chasing. Right now it's still the melagris and moyers(but moyers is getting bolder by the week), and blue eyed kole tang, and male lyretail anthais. Poor anthais just hides in a rock, not typical for these fish.

Might try and catch the kole tang during feeding time and put him in acclimation box for a few days. Anthais is getting thin, and has me worried it might croak if it doesn't get some exercise and more then one feeding a day.
Good luck man those anthias are fickle at the slightest stress. I've tried a few times and have poor luck (imho my tank is too busy). I'm surprised at a bristletooth being such a butthead of a fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not what I expected but hey! She now has two corals for refuge on the back wall. May actually help me control the weed that has yet to take off (Luckily).
2A717C2C-6C6B-4098-9367-454765A3C0FF.jpeg

As I was typing this I saw the blenny (The fish meant to be the most peaceful inhabitant) go after the Pink Streak after perching on an acro. Now I have more than one reason to hate on blennies.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not what I expected but hey! She now has two corals for refuge on the back wall. May actually help me control the weed that has yet to take off (Luckily).

As I was typing this I saw the blenny (The fish meant to be the most peaceful inhabitant) go after the Pink Streak after perching on an acro. Now I have more than one reason to hate on blennies.
That’s adorable. My goby and Midas go after the choats all the time. Choats are fast so I don’t worry much.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

well, seven hours later the Pink Streak Wrasse is still hiding and blenny went after the other two wrasses. No idea if this is the blenny maturing or what but if I have three stressed wrasses because of one “peaceful” reef fish I won’t be happy.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, seven hours later the Pink Streak Wrasse is still hiding and blenny went after the other two wrasses. No idea if this is the blenny maturing or what but if I have three stressed wrasses because of one “peaceful” reef fish I won’t be happy.

Bye bye blenny

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back