The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look who’s re-emerged! The reds are just stunning on this species :)
25770C1C-A09D-445D-81B5-DD6226124FAD.jpeg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi wrasse lovers!

I'm wrassling with a problem about whether or not to include a wrasse in my stocking plan. Lots of snails of all sizes and two sexy shrimp are current inhabitants.

Oh, I also do love my spaghetti worms and fan worms. Ambivalent about the Dorvillidae and peanut worms, but don't mind them in my CUC.

Are there any wrasses compatible with these guys?

Here is my thread:

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi wrasse lovers!

I'm wrassling with a problem about whether or not to include a wrasse in my stocking plan. Lots of snails of all sizes and two sexy shrimp are current inhabitants.

Oh, I also do love my spaghetti worms and fan worms. Ambivalent about the Dorvillidae and peanut worms, but don't mind them in my CUC.

Are there any wrasses compatible with these guys?

Here is my thread:
Pink streaked wrasse and possum wrasses are good candidates, but both are capable of eating sexy shrimp. The spaghetti and fan worms will be fine with either of those wrasses.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a slightly better photo, I’ve yet to regret this species! Although I am surprised that everyone had one then just nobody has them.
Also, on the side of her body she has 2 iridescent scales that when the light hits just right they go a crimson red. I definitely think she may be transitioning.
ADC735C1-E30B-4C59-B12B-11689D0E457D.jpeg

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a slightly better photo, I’ve yet to regret this species! Although I am surprised that everyone had one then just nobody has them.
Also, on the side of her body she has 2 iridescent scales that when the light hits just right they go a crimson red. I definitely think she may be transitioning.
ADC735C1-E30B-4C59-B12B-11689D0E457D.jpeg
The sides of the fish remind me of something sci-fi like Tron or Matrix. Very nice!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those who don’t know, here is what my transitional male will become!
As you can see in the photo he has those beautiful spots on the front of the dorsal. He doesn’t have the gold ‘nuggets’ on him yet and his body is more green but he definitely is getting those iridescent spots. I can’t see anything else he’s gaining yet though so I’m definitely excited for a mature male.

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just setup a Redsea reefer 450 and put a sanded in it at the aghast of everyone that knows me including my wife for the sole purpose of some semi fancy wrasses and maybe an orenji tilefish.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to make my day even better, I got an email from ReefPro that my order was shipping, but it was only the China Wrasse and that the Royal Pencil wrasse (the fish I won in auction, and the only reason I even ordered anything in the first place) did not. No reasoning as to why.

I obviously emailed them back right away and told them to cancel the entire order, as the only reason I ordered the china wrasse was to meet minimum shipping (which is also nowhere on their website...). I can get a china wrasse locally for $80 and can watch it eat and see it in person, I don't need to pay $100 for a fish sight unseen + another $60 for shipping. I called them out on the bait and switch, as the pencil wrasse was listed as multiple available all weekend. I won the fish at a much cheaper price than it sells for on their website, but had to order another fish to meet minimum shipping. So they cancel the fish I won cheap, and ship the more expensive fish instead.

I'll be looking elsewhere for my wrasses from now on.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to make my day even better, I got an email from ReefPro that my order was shipping, but it was only the China Wrasse and that the Royal Pencil wrasse (the fish I won in auction, and the only reason I even ordered anything in the first place) did not. No reasoning as to why.

I obviously emailed them back right away and told them to cancel the entire order, as the only reason I ordered the china wrasse was to meet minimum shipping (which is also nowhere on their website...). I can get a china wrasse locally for $80 and can watch it eat and see it in person, I don't need to pay $100 for a fish sight unseen + another $60 for shipping. I called them out on the bait and switch, as the pencil wrasse was listed as multiple available all weekend. I won the fish at a much cheaper price than it sells for on their website, but had to order another fish to meet minimum shipping. So they cancel the fish I won cheap, and ship the more expensive fish instead.

I'll be looking elsewhere for my wrasses from now on.
Darn.
Sorry about the cleaners I was excited about those too. Though I admit I am thoroughly unsurprised by Reef Pro. They’re lack of communication drives me crazy. They owe me money for a DOA but I think I’m just going to give up. (Also they only gave me like a month to use it so I think I’m too late anyway). Much cheaper and safer to get my wrasse from the LFS as you say.

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn.
Sorry about the cleaners I was excited about those too. Though I admit I am thoroughly unsurprised by Reef Pro. They’re lack of communication drives me crazy. They owe me money for a DOA but I think I’m just going to give up. (Also they only gave me like a month to use it so I think I’m too late anyway). Much cheaper and safer to get my wrasse from the LFS as you say.
If you paid by paypal, it looks like refunds go through under a different name than reefpro. Something like Changemaker Corp.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you paid by paypal, it looks like refunds go through under a different name than reefpro. Something like Changemaker Corp.
Oh I got my refund for the second order that was never shipped but they gave me a gift card of store credit for the first fish that died. So I got all my money back on one order but none on the first.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
@SaltyT @i cant think
Saw this beautiful guy today and neither @Crabby48 nor I knew what it was. I dont even remember what it was labeled as.
20230328_170708.jpg

20230328_170707.jpg

Wish I was able to get some better photos. The color combination screams my name! :star-struck:

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back