0   0   0
BB216D92-1B8E-4F7E-8C06-070DDD4218E6.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my fingers crossed they won’t fight with each other he is like triple her size haha
Do you know where the female was originally from?
If she’s from Cebu specifically it’s most likely she will be a Cebu lubbocki however if not then she could be another Indonesian. She could also be any other from the complex Lubbocki however I don’t remember what the other species in that complex look like as females.

loganzielke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know where the female was originally from?
If she’s from Cebu specifically it’s most likely she will be a Cebu lubbocki however if not then she could be another Indonesian. She could also be any other from the complex Lubbocki however I don’t remember what the other species in that complex look like as females.
I believe they are both from indo I got them at the lfs where I work at but we’ve had them for a few months and no one seemed to want them

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic of the female Lubbock

3023C787-9B16-44B5-890D-AC546AC683F1.jpeg
I don’t think she is a lubbocki the more I look at her, now that I’ve seen photos of each of the species from the Lubbocki complex I think it could be a Flavidorsalis as the white in the belly looks like a bit more than seen on female Lubbockis. Maybe @SaltyT could help though.

loganzielke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think she is a lubbocki the more I look at her, now that I’ve seen photos of each of the species from the Lubbocki complex I think it could be a Flavidorsalis as the white in the belly looks like a bit more than seen on female Lubbockis. Maybe @SaltyT could help though.
Yea it really does look like the yellow fin, I am not sure what it is lol

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Females in the Lubbocki group all look alike so it’s hard to ID them. But I see purple coloration on her in both of the pics you posted so if she actually does have some purple coloration and it’s not just the pics I would say she’s a Lubbock’s.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, he’s more beautiful than the photo of him in the shadow is! Absolutely stunning and for sure an Indonesian Cirrhilabrus lubbocki.
I see your Lubbock's fairy wrasse and raise you mine. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Yes, believe it or not he's in there lurking in the xenias. Gorgeous fish - he just only comes out twice a day for feedings.

pulsing-xenia.jpg

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my newest little guy, who can ID him? (I already know what he is). About 4" long and devours any frozen I offer, as well as clams on the half shell. He grabs them and smashes them on the bottom to rip the meat off the shell. Probably coral safe, but definitely not invert safe. Completely fearless within 1/2 hr of going into quarantine.

20220722_202044.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my newest little guy, who can ID him? (I already know what he is). About 4" long and devours any frozen I offer, as well as clams on the half shell. He grabs them and smashes them on the bottom to rip the meat off the shell. Probably coral safe, but definitely not invert safe. Completely fearless within 1/2 hr of going into quarantine.

20220722_202044.jpg
Is it a Cheilinus lunulatus?
It’s a cheilinus species for sure however they’re all relatively similar in looks.

Last edited:
Back