The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are these white spots? are that normal?
It also has a sorte of white hair on the head
IMG_20220803_142438.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are these white spots? are that normal?
It also has a sorte of white hair on the head
IMG_20220803_142438.jpg
It’s hard to tell in the picture however it looks somewhat like stress colouration. Do you have a sand bed?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes i have Sand...
How deep is it?
This specific wrasse uses it to hide in when stressed as well as to sleep in. It looks to me like you’ve got a female (Possibly maturing female) Halichoeres marginatus

Last edited:

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in some points there are 4-5cm and i know she goes under the sand, seen every night.

it's a female, confirmed by you and other some days ago

She doesn't get touched or stressed by other fishes, absolutely nothing , they are ignoring her.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in some points there are 4-5cm and i know she goes under the sand, seen every night.

it's a female, confirmed by you and other some days ago

She doesn't get touched or stressed by other fishes, absolutely nothing , they are ignoring her.
I meant maturing female not transitional male sorry.
Also, I say maturing as she still looks rather small and this is what a juvenile looks like when extremely young.
1659530411561.jpeg

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was able to get a decent picture of my c. bathyphilus...because she managed to get into the return section somehow. guess the 220g of display wasnt enough lol. I actually think she might have blown around while sleeping.

EDIT: way more visible on my phone...i need to break out the orange lens more

wrasse.jpg

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is an adorned wrasse above . Looks exactly like mine in the picture with the two eye spots on the dorsal fin.

Colouration looks very faded. What are you feeding your wrasse? and yeah they will need a deep sand bed 2-4" fine sand to sleep in or to hide in if they get spooked. sometimes my adorned wrasse will disapear for hours for no reason lol

@iLMaRiO regarding your pictures of your wrasse ^^^^^

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is an adorned wrasse above . Looks exactly like mine in the picture with the two eye spots on the dorsal fin.

Colouration looks very faded. What are you feeding your wrasse? and yeah they will need a deep sand bed 2-4" fine sand to sleep in or to hide in if they get spooked. sometimes my adorned wrasse will disapear for hours for no reason lol

@iLMaRiO regarding your pictures of your wrasse ^^^^^

mostly Frozen: mysis, artemia, ...

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with c. Aurantidorsalis (orangeback)?

more aggressive than I think I want according to the comparability chart, but those colors…

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have experience with c. Aurantidorsalis (orangeback)?

more aggressive than I think I want according to the comparability chart, but those colors…
I have had experience with them and other wrasses, they are much less aggressive when added last but they’re rather aggressive when they’re one of the first to go in the tank.

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had experience with them and other wrasses, they are much less aggressive when added last but they’re rather aggressive when they’re one of the first to go in the tank.
hmmm...i have 6 fish in now, only the one wrasse. its a 6 foot 220 so space is hopefully on my side?

TSM has a good selection available for pre order right now (and all ones i havent found locally). orangeback's , red margins, yellow flanked, solar, ruby finned and sailfin.

i already have too many red fish so i was thinking about this as my fairy group:
- c. bathyphilus (hooded) -->already have
- c. rubrimarginatus (red margin)
- c. aurantidorsalis (orange back) or c. lyukyuensis (yellow flanked)

id like at least one flasher after that as well but i can find those locally.

am i missing any glaring issues with the above group? i think they hsould be ok based on the chart.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 28

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmm...i have 6 fish in now, only the one wrasse. its a 6 foot 220 so space is hopefully on my side?

TSM has a good selection available for pre order right now (and all ones i havent found locally). orangeback's , red margins, yellow flanked, solar, ruby finned and sailfin.

i already have too many red fish so i was thinking about this as my fairy group:
- c. bathyphilus (hooded) -->already have
- c. rubrimarginatus (red margin)
- c. aurantidorsalis (orange back) or c. lyukyuensis (yellow flanked)

id like at least one flasher after that as well but i can find those locally.

am i missing any glaring issues with the above group? i think they hsould be ok based on the chart.
That sounds like a great plan for wrasses, be warned that flashers don’t often take well to stress/aggression unless established so you will most likely want to get your flasher(s) in first unless you know your wrasses will ignore the new wrasse until it establishes itself.

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a great plan for wrasses, be warned that flashers don’t often take well to stress/aggression unless established so you will most likely want to get your flasher(s) in first unless you know your wrasses will ignore the new wrasse until it establishes itself.

maybe ill have to run to the LFS after work then LOL. Thanks!

Back