The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

C4ctus99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it healthy? Is it fat? Is it out? Does it fit in your tank? (*cough* or you wallet)? GET IT!
Yes, yes, yes, no (*cough* was in coral growout tank so probably not for sale)

I actually am trying to figure out what to do about a tank… I had a 75gallon busy the lower back seem and haven’t replaced it. Had my fish and live rock in a 10 and 20 gallon tank but then two died in the 10 and had an ich outbreak so I’m close to done with TTM with an infected tank with all my LR and 5 fish :face-with-tears-of-joy:

I want to get a new tank, but funds are tight. Considering the acrylic 49g with the same footprint as a 75 on glass cages as it’s under $500, but haven’t pulled the trigger yet

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look green is like the most common color red isn’t hence red on a fish is better hence iridis is better :winking-face-with-tongue:
Or…
Why choose one side when you can have both ;)
image.jpg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or…
image.jpg
Fine :rolleyes:……:winking-face-with-tongue::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

You know it will be harder to find the xenojulis right?….iridis is commonly available and cheaper! Ahahah! It’s not fine I win!:zany-face::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple new shots . My RedVelvet and Melanurus . I’m wondering if the Mel is already transitioning a little. Seems brighter and more defined in the 3ish weeks in the tank.
9D86F016-2320-4417-AE35-6E93F852C591.jpeg
26F8CDA9-CA3B-4578-ACF3-8502C490A9F0.jpeg
A21BE788-4CCE-49CF-A42D-7169B0D4F87F.jpeg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or…
image.jpg
Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

@steveschuerger has balanced the tables! You said “why choose one side when you can have both!”(colors) those were your words! Well Steve posted a Melanurus! It’s got red and green! And we know how much red and green in fish is great don’t we (*insert purple smiling devil emoji*)

Close Up Flirting GIF

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fine :rolleyes:……:winking-face-with-tongue::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

You know it will be harder to find the xenojulis right?….iridis is commonly available and cheaper! Ahahah! It’s not fine I win!:zany-face::rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
No fair iridis isn't common where I live it took me 7 years to finally get one

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

@steveschuerger has balanced the tables! You said “why choose one side when you can have both!”(colors) those were your words! Well Steve posted a Melanurus! It’s got red and green! And we know how much red and green in fish is great don’t we (*insert purple smiling devil emoji*)

Close Up Flirting GIF
Well there’s also this little one. Not as “colorful” but cute little zippy thing at the moment
608B9C7C-B8AB-4465-A799-AA4DF8522387.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fair iridis isn't common where I live it took me 7 years to finally get one
Actually, now I think about it I’ve not seen an Iridis in 3 years that wasn’t a tank break down one…

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good news! The lubbocki is still happy.
Bad news;
I know why I’ve not see him all day… The Indo seems to be the nasty ***** of the two. If I see chasing again it may be a call of removing one unfortunately.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news;
I know why I’ve not see him all day… The Indo seems to be the nasty ***** of the two. If I see chasing again it may be a call of removing one unfortunately.
Sad Rabbit GIF by Muffin & Nuts

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news;
You were able to keep them together for a surprisingly long time, but in the end boys will be boys :frowning-face:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You were able to keep them together for a surprisingly long time, but in the end boys will be boys :frowning-face:
I’ve not seen them chase eachother but I’ve not seen the Cebu come out since the first chase I saw…
It’s a shame but maybe now I can get a Shutmani.

I know it sounds bad but I don’t really lurk on what went wrong and instead the positives :)

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve not seen them chase eachother but I’ve not seen the Cebu come out since the first chase I saw…
It’s a shame but maybe now I can get a Shutmani.

I know it sounds bad but I don’t really lurk on what went wrong and instead the positives :)
Replacing the Indo with a Shutmani sounds positive to me :)

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are carpenters flasher wrasse and Adorned Wrasse generally compatible together? I have a 55 gallon system with an adorned wrasse currently. I’m thinking about upgrading to a larger tank in the future.
Cirrhilabrus and Paracheilinus are compatible together, generally, though how long that would last in your system is another question. I wouldn’t keep the adornatus in your 55 for too long, as they need a long footprint of room for them to swim across. What’s the footprint of your tank? I would hold off to getting the carpenteri as adding him may result in the adornatus being too territorial and the carpenteri wouldn’t have much where to go. The Paracheilinus is more docile than the adornatus, so if you do end up adding him, you may not see the carpenteri out and activley swimming at the beginning, and wpuld be more secretive than usual further down the line. When wpuld you plan on upgrading?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back