The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

NE reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cirrhilabrus and Paracheilinus are compatible together, generally, though how long that would last in your system is another question. I wouldn’t keep the adornatus in your 55 for too long, as they need a long footprint of room for them to swim across. What’s the footprint of your tank? I would hold off to getting the carpenteri as adding him may result in the adornatus being too territorial and the carpenteri wouldn’t have much where to go. The Paracheilinus is more docile than the adornatus, so if you do end up adding him, you may not see the carpenteri out and activley swimming at the beginning, and wpuld be more secretive than usual further down the line. When wpuld you plan on upgrading?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh I wanted a female for a longer life span but I think it’s a super male!
If you got him for the price of a female that's a win!

sdreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update on the Madagascar flasher
1685652959111.png

Here's the original post with more details of the initial infection of his fins

He completed a 10 day course of nitrofurantoin green which he tolerated without difficulty. The fins cleared up and recovered. His demeanor, appetite, and swimming pattern improved particularly the final few days of treatment. Here's a brief video at the completion of treatment

Transferred him back to the acclimation box in the main system. Hope to release him into the system in a few days.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered an earmuff from WWC that they didn’t ship out as it died. That day Dr Reef sent me an order without me confirming for a female rhomboid wrasse almond a couple other things. Turns out the wrasse is about 5-6” not 2-3” and looks like a super male! Any thoughts?

Beautiful. Looks like a male on its way to being a super male. Such a pretty creature.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the “big” fish in my tank got together for a family photo tonight. Thankfully, my tomini tang has stopped being a war lord and trying to bully the exquisite, and all is peaceful again!

IMG_1204.jpeg
Your rhomboidalis looks very nice there!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love her! She’s been putting on some nice color recently, and I think she’s grown a little bit.

Here’s two photos from April 14th, a week or so after getting her:

IMG_9840.jpeg

IMG_0051.jpeg
And that’s a very happy Scoly lol

Back