The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Some nights I'm weak and just flop down on top of the covers.
Don't we all? I'm usually like "when I get these kids to sleep, I'm going to get so much stuff done." And when they're finally down, it's "I just need 5 minutes"...
 
Poor guy looks pretty beat up. In with a 6 line that's bigger than him.
20230928_134133.jpg
20230928_134136.jpg
 
Poor guy looks pretty beat up. In with a 6 line that's bigger than him.
20230928_134133.jpg
20230928_134136.jpg
I was going to say he looks alright but then saw his bitten up tail…

The other markings on the body don’t look too bad though :)
 
is there a wrasse hater group ? Sorry for being contrarian I love them , their color , presence etc but i am having trouble with their agression - A red corys wrasse , naoko wrasse - both responsible for murdering few of my priced possessions even with comfortable environments. Any expert tips to keep it calm ?
 
is there a wrasse hater group ? Sorry for being contrarian I love them , their color , presence etc but i am having trouble with their agression - A red corys wrasse , naoko wrasse - both responsible for murdering few of my priced possessions even with comfortable environments. Any expert tips to keep it calm ?
Sorry for your losses. Both the red coris and naoko can have aggressive behavior. What are they killing, other wrasses?
 
Nope they did not discriminate , anything and everything - Finally Naoko / Red corys both landed on the same refugium and finally only Red Corys survived,

Only thing standing strong is tomato clown with fiesty personality.

However still love. my lineatus and she has been very very peaceful.
 
Look who ended up arriving alive and well! Terrible first pic with glare on the glass, but it’s the best I could get for now. First time I’ve seen a transitional male in person - I’m stoked!

IMG_2575.jpeg
 
Red head is checking out
Dang it I just posted about mine I’m sorry about my terrible timing. I’m so bummed to hear this.
 
Dang it I just posted about mine I’m sorry about my terrible timing. I’m so bummed to hear this.
It’s all good. You got a winner there. Sending good vibes. Happy for you and I will try again. Let’s see if QM comes in and swimming
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new