The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Broom tail wrasse

094091D4-33A8-461C-813B-358A90CBABAC.jpeg


044F5C66-9FE1-4FE9-B703-92FD24141493.jpeg


C53375CD-F86D-4AB6-BC71-82A6C4CD27DF.jpeg


955B35DD-7143-4FF1-95FF-D05AA768BC32.jpeg


E8BA50D6-6FAC-4426-A162-FA32FE48BAAF.jpeg
 
i forget which, but there's a leopard wrasse that doesn't play well with other leopards.. can't remember which one, though.. but i bet there's someone out there that does..

@evolved @eatbreakfast
I thought of the more common ones it was the Ornate that can be aggressive.
 
IMG_1531.JPG

Saw this at the aquarium store. Labeled as sailfin wrasse. Sorry for bad photo. Also saw what they called a Timor wrasse. Any info on them?
Love my Timor, great personality and very peaceful

85559538-1F73-4299-B94F-B0415E343102.jpeg
 
So debating a h. biocellatus.. but think I'm out of room with four (c. Rubeus, c. Isoceles, c. Exquisitus, m. Bipartitus) plus others in a 48 x 18 x 16 already.. Wish I had room to get another tank haha.
 
An established ornate can be a little aggressive to other leopards added after them, but all 3 being added simultaneously is fine.

X2....I had all three together along with a few others and the male Ornate was the most dominant. In a large enough tank it shouldn’t be an issue.
 
I've had mine for nearly a year now, and she's probably about 3 to 3.5 inches. Eats like a pig and cohabitates with a full grown H. melanurus and other assorted wrasses in a 300gal peninsula.
 
The ornatus and the meleagris hanging out. The bipartus made an appearance briefly but it was getting a beating from the biocellatus and the negrosensis. The biocellatus and negrosensis have been placed in the refugium for now. They will probably decimate my pod population down there, but ohh well. Hopefully the bipartus, ornatus and meleagris will settle in in the next few weeks and the other two from the sump can be placed in again.
88654b020c219372c3ba4e20ea46eb76.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new