The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy another female however with wrasse it’s more recommended to have 3 females so one will become male and the other two will stay female and the male has a choice over pestering one female constantly.
Also yes yours is a Beautiful female M. bipartitus, makes look completely different in colour (Body shapes are very similar).
Thank you very much I Just happen to find a really good article on here as well..
Now I have another question.

If i should add these now or wait until my S-1000 gets here then add the new ones.. The current tank its in is a xl525 current fish. 2 tangs , Blenny, 2 gobies , 3 clowns

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much I Just happen to find a really good article on here as well..
Now I have another question.

If i should add these now or wait until my S-1000 gets here then add the new ones.. The current tank its in is a xl525 current fish. 2 tangs , Blenny, 2 gobies , 3 clowns
You could get away with adding them however Id recommend waiting due to the tangs having established territories in that tank but in a new tank they won’t

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on who to buy flasher and/or fairy wrasses from? So far I've been keeping my eyes on TSM Aquatics and Divers Den, but I've had bad luck with LiveAquaria so I'm not sure I'd risk ordering from them again. Seems like the selection at most places has been lacking, which I'm assuming is related to covid.
TSM, all my wrasses have come through them

cmustang

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a Chinese wrasse FLS. She is a beauty. I would like to introduce a cleaner, leopard, mccoskers and maybe a yellow. My tank is 120”x24”x24” about 300 gallons. What do you guys think? Any advice will be appreciated.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a Chinese wrasse FLS. She is a beauty. I would like to introduce a cleaner, leopard, mccoskers and maybe a yellow. My tank is 120”x24”x24” about 300 gallons. What do you guys think? Any advice will be appreciated.
If she’s Anampses neoguinaicus you should be just fine putting wrasse with her (the Leopard should be put in first - before the other more aggressive guys - is what I’d say)
I’ll add my thoughts on adding peaceful wrasse in with the “aggressive” wrasse once my two get the right size.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome thread...I need to get some picks.....I have 14 wrasses:

7 Leopard Wrasses
Red Coris
Earmuff Wrasse
Yellow Tail Tamaran
2 China Wrasses
Anampses Twistii
Radient wrasse
You really do need to show some pictures!! I’d love Atleast 3 leopards in my tank but that’s not for another 10 years or so (Once I can keep a Regular leopard & a Black leopard for 5 years each).

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Melanurus showing off
814AB69A-AACF-4AE1-AA83-4E8AF3819237.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught one of the two Lubbock’s flashing!! Tried to get a detailed photo but failed. You can see the two colours that become dominant in the Cebu variant when he flashes!!
C4B8C820-FCF9-4514-BAB6-79CFDE12883F.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back