There's something fishy about this build...

It was on topof the canopy. I told myself I'll reme.ber putting it there. Went and grabbed fish food, lifted the lid, and into the tankgoes my morning latte. The acros had mad extensions. I thought it was going tobe polyp bailout.
That is extremely interesting! Who is going to do the next experiment on caffeine dosing and coral growth?
 
That is extremely interesting! Who is going to do the next experiment on caffeine dosing and coral growth?
I would love to do it. I need the fish room / lab up and running first, though.
 
I would love to do it. I need the fish room / lab up and running first, though.
Used to have a hookup for caffeine. Food grade. Pure. It is over regulated now though. Caffeinated milk for your crunch berries is probably not the best way to start the day anyways...
 
Used to have a hookup for caffeine. Food grade. Pure. It is over regulated now though. Caffeinated milk for your crunch berries is probably not the best way to start the day anyways...
It's likely not the caffeine, but one of the many compounds in coffee that did it. This could be a pretty cool rabbit hole to go down.
 
It's likely not the caffeine, but one of the many compounds in coffee that did it. This could be a pretty cool rabbit hole to go down.
Agreed, i dont think coral have adenosine receptors for caffeine to attach to. But, funny line of thought though.
I do wonder if it was maybe some of the proteins in the creamer or something along that line that would trigger that.
If you are able to isolate that compound though, you could make a grundle selling it to all the influencers wanting to fuzz up the tank before filming content.
 
Hey if we're still talking caffeine in tanks, I don't know about populated systems but Coca-Cola is definitely a fun way to cycle a tank if you're into that.... And no, of course I'm not speaking from experience pffttt
 
1000009285.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hey, Did I win something that @tbrown hasn't won? :thinking-face: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
R2R/TFH instagram contest.
IMG_3860.jpeg
I saw that one. I've already got a decent set of filters for my phone so I restrained myself and refrained. Congrats!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new