There's something fishy about this build...

Skimmer isn’t working again…
Options

  1. Clean skimmer and hope that fixes it
  2. Replace skimmer with bigger refugium
Please vote!
Clean skimmer AND pump.
 
Skimmer isn’t working again…
Options

  1. Clean skimmer and hope that fixes it
  2. Replace skimmer with bigger refugium
Please vote!
Both?
 
The reason One of many reasons I hate this skimmer is that it so easily stops working when it sucks up other things. My other skimmer (which wouldn’t fit in this sump). Works great in a full refugium. This one needs a very clean compartment. Thus I can’t grow algae where the skimmer is.

Attached: skimmer designed well
image.jpg
 
Is that the skimmer you couldn’t get the collection cup off of at first?
 
Is that the skimmer you couldn’t get the collection cup off of at first?
Above? No. That’s the one that is easy to clean and almost always works.

This is the skimmer I hate
image.jpg
 
If there a way you can add mesh netting to cover the input? Would that help guard it against large pieces?
 
What beautiful colors. What lights do you use?
 
The reason One of many reasons I hate this skimmer is that it so easily stops working when it sucks up other things. My other skimmer (which wouldn’t fit in this sump). Works great in a full refugium. This one needs a very clean compartment. Thus I can’t grow algae where the skimmer is.

Attached: skimmer designed well
image.jpg
9012? Usually Tunze skimmers are great.
 
Above? No. That’s the one that is easy to clean and almost always works.

This is the skimmer I hate
image.jpg
Guess I should have finished the thread before replying.
 
What beautiful colors. What lights do you use?
AI blades grow and glow. If the background is gray then it’s on the grow side. If it’s purple the glow. I think maybe my corals under the glow are prettier? Which is annoying because the glow makes things hard to photograph.


Anyway someone name this acropora! I’m guessing “Dr Seuss” is already taken.
IMG_3948.jpeg

BTW I did not alter colors at all. This is just an orange filter and some folding with warmth.
 
As in it's going to have kids???
If it grows big enough it may have chunks cut off and sent to… Whatever my version of heathens are?
 
If it grows big enough it may have chunks cut off and sent to… Whatever my version of heathens are?
Well, let's see, there are the Heathens, the Cronies, the Smorgs, the very exclusive Officelings .. so I'd have to venture a guess "Not Quite Dead Yets" aka "NoQuiDdYs"
1746837154777.gif
 

Attachments

  • 1746837092982.gif
    1746837092982.gif
    727.6 KB · Views: 21

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new