There's something fishy about this build...

IMG_6368.jpeg
IMG_6369.jpeg
 
If anyone was wondering what happened to my old predator tank. It's now a less stressful fresh tank.
Plan is to remove the fake log and replace with some real wood eventually.
 
If anyone was wondering what happened to my old predator tank. It's now a less stressful fresh tank.
Plan is to remove the fake log and replace with some real wood eventually.

Sorry, had to.
 
Does it? It looks beautiful!

yours too Tim though maybe add some more chaos?
I keep watching for cheap Tetras. Only currently stocked with 2 Siamese Algae eaters and a single Dwarf Cory cat. Probably gonna grab some red reineckii and probably an Oto or 2.
 
I keep watching for cheap Tetras. Only currently stocked with 2 Siamese Algae eaters and a single Dwarf Cory cat. Probably gonna grab some red reineckii and probably an Oto or 2.
Okay okay, we get it. We believe you
 
Does it? It looks beautiful!

yours too Tim though maybe add some more chaos?
I’d say you can’t see any fish but if you look really close, the pallifina are being naughty in the flower pot.
 
Last edited:
@tbrown @Fish Styx
I know ke I asked you this privately, but I’ve since forgotten. For the fresh tank, is there wood I can add that will not cause a tannin issue? I'm ok with a little, but I don't want to have to do too many water changes.
Need to get rid of the fake log eventually.
IMG_6441.jpeg
 
I went to a local river and the lake. Found a couple potential pieces. Weighed them down underwater in the bathtub for a few days and put them in. No issues.
 
@tbrown @Fish Styx
I know ke I asked you this privately, but I’ve since forgotten. For the fresh tank, is there wood I can add that will not cause a tannin issue? I'm ok with a little, but I don't want to have to do too many water changes.
Need to get rid of the fake log eventually.
IMG_6441.jpeg
Manzanita wood is tannin /ph neutral. I always liked Mopani, but I ran blackwater tanks when using it, so the tannins were perfect. With Mopani, if you have a large kettle (pot), you can boil it for a couple hours and it should get most of it out. The rest can be managed with your filtration (i.e. carbon).

Becky has a great point, though. Go to the park or the woods and find some pieces that you like. Just make sure the wood isn't "green", and you strip all of the bark off of them.
 
Spiderwood and Mopani.

Manzanita is good especially if you can find some local.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new