There's something fishy about this build...

In other news I finally took down the nano. It was up for only a couple months but I was shocked to see this…
IMG_6483.jpeg

@BristleWormHater , this is for you
Ill brighten your day with a good worm 😉
20251106_154956.jpg

I really want a POTM topic to throw this pic in lol
 
@Fish Styx im tagging you but if anyone else has thoughts please pipe in.
I have some great real reef rock from my old tank. I want to put it in my sump but am concerned by phosphate they may have absorbed. Thoughts?

I could put it in a tub with GFO and a lot of current?
IMG_6564.jpeg
 
Last edited:
@Fish Styx im tagging you but if anyone else has thoughts please pipe in.
I have some great real reef rock from my old tank. I want to put it in my dump but am concerned by phosphate they may have absorbed. Thoughts?

I could put it in a tub with GFO and a lot of current?
IMG_6564.jpeg
What are your current PO4 levels, and do you think these would leech into the water or start binding more PO4 from your water?
 
leach from the rocks
That tank had really high PO4 before I took it down
54.6 PO4? What are the units? That sounds more like nitrates to me.
 
Whoops
0.54
Less than >1.0 is good in my book. lol

I would be concerned about leaching PO4 with the old rock. Cook them first. Then do baths with GAO. Test daily and trend the data. You may have to change the GAO every 72 - 96 hours. Do it unt PO4 tests 0.
 
@Fish Styx im tagging you but if anyone else has thoughts please pipe in.
I have some great real reef rock from my old tank. I want to put it in my sump but am concerned by phosphate they may have absorbed. Thoughts?

I could put it in a tub with GFO and a lot of current?
IMG_6564.jpeg
Soak them in salt water for a week then test the po4. Then you know what it will do...
 
Acclimating to pony tank ATM,no asterinas in there ,will still have to hand feed every day,at about 6 a day rt now
Still have 3 of the red stars,but not needing ,asterinas are doing a good job multiplying in other tanks so far... 🤞
20251124_075301.jpg
 
Acclimating to pony tank ATM,no asterinas in there ,will still have to hand feed every day,at about 6 a day rt now
Still have 3 of the red stars,but not needing ,asterinas are doing a good job multiplying in other tanks so far... 🤞
20251124_075301.jpg
Ill have another shipment and some honey heading your way mid december.
 
Quiet here... ... 😉
20251122_231039.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new